Starfinder Playlist
Page 137 of 137 First ... 3787127135136137
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverside05 View Post
    Noven, I agree and created an extension for that. It gives the player the ability to do the things you are referring too. Here is the link, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1415/view
    Yup, I use that extension but it gives me a screen of errors and for my players as well. Besides, this is basic functionality that should be in the base product. Inexcusable. It really makes me question whether or not I want to use FGU for Starfinder 2E if a core mechanic of the system is so poorly implemented that causes so much frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by NovenTheHero View Post
    Yup, I use that extension but it gives me a screen of errors and for my players as well. Besides, this is basic functionality that should be in the base product. Inexcusable. It really makes me question whether or not I want to use FGU for Starfinder 2E if a core mechanic of the system is so poorly implemented that causes so much frustration.
    I agree, could you send me a screenshot of the errors? I monitor the form post to report errors pretty frequently and haven't seen any recent. I would love to get some feedback so I can fix.

Pushed fix for strength being applied in Ability actions for damage.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by NovenTheHero View Post
    After having run all of Horizons of the Vast, I just have to say that the implementation of starship combat in the Starfinder module is just horrible. Players can barely interact with the ship sheet, can't change shields, can't really even do much with the ship sheet at all. It just seems like it was a giant oversight when starship combat was supposed to be a "thing" for Starfinder.

It basically makes me never want to run starship combat in FGU, ever. If I could review it right now, it would be pretty scathing.
    I checked out the session where you participated in ship combat.

First, the theme you are using has the text as white against a white background. That's why you can't see the shield numbers. Standardization should be coming to help alleviate this issue with themes. If you check it out in vanilla the numbers do appear.

Second, the players can't change the ship sheet due to ownership issues with how FG handles records overall. The system only allows the owner to make changes to a record. Silverside05's extension does provide this functionality by giving ownership to each player that wishes to make changes, the code unfortunately does some things that wouldn't be a long term solution and I want a solid solution to be implemented.

Third, the module has nothing to do with the ship combat system and is a base ruleset feature. So it's not the module itself that is the issue. That only contains the data and no functionality.

I appreciate your feedback and have made notes from what I saw.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

I am glad that it is just not me with the ownership issues with PC starships and I am glad that at least you are looking into a long-term solution. With you guys being a super partner with Paizo, looking forward to the 2E ruleset, is this something that is on the radar?

Starfinder 2E has been discussed, but can't really say much more than that till the books are finalized and provided to us. If it uses Pathfinder 2E as a base, might be a quick turn around as we already have a ruleset for that system. Nothing has been finalized yet. I'm super excited for it for sure. Looking forward to seeing what it brings.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Starship Enhanced

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I checked out the session where you participated in ship combat.

First, the theme you are using has the text as white against a white background. That's why you can't see the shield numbers. Standardization should be coming to help alleviate this issue with themes. If you check it out in vanilla the numbers do appear.

Second, the players can't change the ship sheet due to ownership issues with how FG handles records overall. The system only allows the owner to make changes to a record. Silverside05's extension does provide this functionality by giving ownership to each player that wishes to make changes, the code unfortunately does some things that wouldn't be a long term solution and I want a solid solution to be implemented.

Third, the module has nothing to do with the ship combat system and is a base ruleset feature. So it's not the module itself that is the issue. That only contains the data and no functionality.

I appreciate your feedback and have made notes from what I saw.
    Anything I can do differently to make it easier to implement? Or just not the direction you were thinking?

The end result is what we want, but the solution you went with isn't what we'd like to approach for a final fix for this. I did have a few ideas to get it done, just other projects are currently priority. As I said when I am able to circle back, this is the top of my list to resolve. For now, your extension is fine and will help ease that issue. So that is my current recommendation.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Player Vehicle Linkage Broken

I'm new to this ruleset but I'm told the issues I'm seeing happened after the v4.5.0 update.

When utilizing an NPC by dragging it into a PC's gear->vehicles list, then proceeding to drag that entry into the CT, then dragging that token onto a battlemap, odd linkages occur, what I'm observing is:
    - All stats except for HP seem to be blank when viewing the vehicle in the CT
    - When you first pull in the Vehicle from the CT to the battlemap, it comes in super tiny, see screenshot : starfinder bug part 2.png
    - Only some attacks will know to grab EAC and KAC from the entry in the PC's gear->vehicles list
    - Hardness effect is not applied for a DR amount
    - Other actions pulling from the targeted vehicle will see default values, see screenshot : starfinder bug part 1.png, where I have a custom action to grab the target's KAC for a Pilot skill check's DC (5 + KAC) the DC listed in the console is 5, meaning KAC is coming in as zero

I hope to see these fixed, cause I'm liking the ruleset and know it would make vehicles a lot easier to manage when I don't have to pull in an NPC entry for player vehicles...
    Last edited by Zaibach333; March 14th, 2024 at 05:17.

I believe I addressed all the issues you have reported. They will be available with the next ruleset update. I will need more time to expand the CT subwindows to populate data, but did add the parts that affect combat the most for now.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information