DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 52 of 137 First ... 242505152535462102 ... Last
    From my experience doing the APs, it seems that hardly any of the ships are strictly legal. I think this is due to the fact that the original authors didn't build them to necessarily be legal. They are likely just focused on the story and aren't number crunchers and thus forget to ensure compliance (or don't care given the specific situation in the story).

I saw similar stuff when doing Pathfinder adventures. I don't know how many times I cringed when I saw an entry like "masterwork mithral chainmail". Psst, hey original author... there's no such thing as masterwork mithral. Mithral items are always masterwork to begin with. I must have corrected that one about a dozen times.

So I'm not surprised that the ship BPs would not necessarily be legal for most of the AP ships. It's just something that you have to take as normal and not let it bother you as a GM.

EDIT: I do appreciate deer_buster's comments about AP starship BPs. That's what I am attempting to build upon. It's a good thing to remember that the AP ship BPs will likely be out of compliance and therefore avoid bug reports on noncompliant ships that we literally cannot fix due to noncompliance coming from the source, rather than from the FG development of the ships.
    Last edited by sciencephile; June 16th, 2021 at 17:43.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

I questioned the starship builds in both APs and scenarios when they first came out. The explanation I got was to use what was published and they knew it didn't comply with the rules, and they wanted it that way. While we're prolly not really able to change the SFS ones, personally, I alter the APs to conform to the rules. In several, I have made modifications to bring in SOM content, as that seems to make the starship builds and combat more engaging for the parties I run.

Hey
    In Dead Sun Book 3 there is an NPC with DR10/magic and apparently, that make it so that the NPC doesn't load when added from the encounter, one have to manually remove the magic part or add the NPC from the CT. You get a error message when it's added each time.

Quote Originally Posted by BGCMadrix View Post
    Hey
    In Dead Sun Book 3 there is an NPC with DR10/magic and apparently, that make it so that the NPC doesn't load when added from the encounter, one have to manually remove the magic part or add the NPC from the CT. You get a error message when it's added each time.
    Actually an issue with all NPCs with DR ?/magic!

I do however recommend not using the 'DR: ? magic' effect anyway.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

For everyone posting, please be sure to post specifics in the future please. I found it in this case but it took a bit of searching since I didn't have the creature's name.

As far as the DR vs. non-DR, I will have to leave that to the official Starfinder ruleset dev to rule. This entry was in the rules as written in the AP. If this is likely a one-time snafu from the OP then removal is probably appropriate. If it is likely to happen more often and/or only used occasionally, it should probably be dealt with at the ruleset level.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Support:

The Fly Free or Die: We're No Heroes FG adaptation is missing the "Goblin Sneektheef" gear Parcel.

Also, Table 4 doesn't appear to be a roll-able table, it appears to be based on a specific Travel Time. Note that Table: Cargo Sell Price points is currently pointing to that table (Table 4) that shouldn't be rolled on.

Here is the corrected table (pointing to itself per FFoD AP1 p.53)
    Table Cargo Sell Price.jpg

Will the correction I've made on my end cause duplication or corruption in my campaign when the campaign is corrected by the Dev?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by jrock1; June 17th, 2021 at 04:57.

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    For everyone posting, please be sure to post specifics in the future please. I found it in this case but it took a bit of searching since I didn't have the creature's name.

As far as the DR vs. non-DR, I will have to leave that to the official Starfinder ruleset dev to rule. This entry was in the rules as written in the AP. If this is likely a one-time snafu from the OP then removal is probably appropriate. If it is likely to happen more often and/or only used occasionally, it should probably be dealt with at the ruleset level.
    You did nothing wrong, this is a ruleset issue but it is significant (see my post).
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Quote Originally Posted by jrock1 View Post
    Will the correction I've made on my end cause duplication or corruption in my campaign when the campaign is corrected by the Dev?
    Thanks.
    Might cause duplication, shouldn't break anything. There is a good chance that you'll see your version instead of the updated version.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Quote Originally Posted by jrock1 View Post
    Support:

The Fly Free or Die: We're No Heroes FG adaptation is missing the "Goblin Sneektheef" gear Parcel.

Also, Table 4 doesn't appear to be a roll-able table, it appears to be based on a specific Travel Time. Note that Table: Cargo Sell Price points is currently pointing to that table (Table 4) that shouldn't be rolled on.

Here is the corrected table (pointing to itself per FFoD AP1 p.53)
    Table Cargo Sell Price.jpg

Thanks.
    Thanks for reporting this error. I will get it fixed A.S.A.P.
    Below is an image of the goblin NPC included in the AP, is it not the one you are looking for?

Madman..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Thanks for reporting this error. I will get it fixed A.S.A.P.
    Below is an image of the goblin NPC included in the AP, is it not the one you are looking for?

Madman..
    Looking for the Parcel. If the PCs manage to search a" Goblin Sneektheef," they will find Gear (gear parcel) that's provided in the AP Book 1.

I actually created one in my campaign, screenshot of the Gear - Parcel:
    Goblin Sneektheef Gear Parcel.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by jrock1; June 17th, 2021 at 21:44. Reason: Adding screenshot of the Parcel I created.

Thread Information