DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 22 First ... 2345614 ... Last

The "Searching for Gear" link to the table seems to be broken in the 01.00 LOCATIONS story
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    The "Searching for Gear" link to the table seems to be broken in the 01.00 LOCATIONS story
    This is already fixed and will be pushed as part of the next release. The table in the Tables library can be used until then.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Can we get higher resolution of the maps? I guess I'm used to 5e dungeon crawling with occluders and tokens moving around and wreaking havoc on maps.
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Can we get higher resolution of the maps? I guess I'm used to 5e dungeon crawling with occluders and tokens moving around and wreaking havoc on maps.
    SW have requirements for image sizes (and maps are images from that perspective) which imposes limits on the dimensions that an image can have. This is valid for all products and especially those that are supported both on FGC and Unity (i.e. all ). All maps and images were extracted from the original source files in 2560x1653 or 1281x1653 with few exceptions, but we were asked to reduce the dimensions and size. Most of the maps are actually outside of the required boundary because they would be too small to be of use and I am not going to cut a map on multiple images, as there is no support for map tiles in FGC.

The rationale is the average screen size used by the market today... so for now what you see is the size supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    SW have requirements for image sizes (and maps are images from that perspective) which imposes limits on the dimensions that an image can have. This is valid for all products and especially those that are supported both on FGC and Unity (i.e. all ). All maps and images were extracted from the original source files in 2560x1653 or 1281x1653 with few exceptions, but we were asked to reduce the dimensions and size. Most of the maps are actually outside of the required boundary because they would be too small to be of use and I am not going to cut a map on multiple images, as there is no support for map tiles in FGC.

The rationale is the average screen size used by the market today... so for now what you see is the size supported.
    You can use the 5e «*Dead in Thay*» module as an example of how to cut maps in sections. You keep the current map but you add map sections that can be linked in from the stories. It’s a bit more work for the GM to move tokens but not by much. What about LOS/occluders?

DMs Guild Creator

You can use the 5e «*Dead in Thay*» module as an example of how to cut maps in sections. You keep the current map but you add map sections that can be linked in from the stories. It’s a bit more work for the GM to move tokens but not by much. What about LOS/occluders?
    I don't have this module and I don't play 5e, but I have seen how it is done in the Meanders sets in the store. It is possibility to explore but won't happen at the moment as the maps are already in good resolution that does not blur the text, crisp enough and are according to the requirement.

The LOS/Occluders is something I will explore when FGU is officially out in GA.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I don't have this module and I don't play 5e, but I have seen how it is done in the Meanders sets in the store. It is possibility to explore but won't happen at the moment as the maps are already in good resolution that does not blur the text, crisp enough and are according to the requirement.

The LOS/Occluders is something I will explore when FGU is officially out in GA.
    That's a bit disappointing for a SmiteWorks official product. Especially since GA is right around the corner and many other products have full LOS support.

DMs Guild Creator

I think LoS is less necessary when you don’t do grid combat for the ruleset. With the zone style of ranges the only thing I use grids for is to determine if someone is in the same room engaged or just nearby. Line of sight isn’t as necessary when you can just hide the enemy units that are sneaking or too far away to matter right now

What I will do is to place this LOS story on the board with enhancements and will explore the options in the following days. There are not many maps in the modules and depending how cumbersome and timeconsuming placing LOS is, it might be prioritized.

Thread Information