DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 22 First 123412 ... Last
    In the Colonial Marshall career, one of his starting items is a a hand radio. I cant find an item or the rules on what this item does. I would just make it if i could. So if you know the specs of the item just let me know and I can add the item.

Quote Originally Posted by DevlinSind View Post
    In the Colonial Marshall career, one of his starting items is a a hand radio. I cant find an item or the rules on what this item does. I would just make it if i could. So if you know the specs of the item just let me know and I can add the item.
    Hi DevilSind,

This item, along others such as digital video camera, radio-controlled car or flares don't have dedicated item entries in the rulebook (I mean the core printed book) or any of the tables, therefore they don't have representation in the Equipment library. Those "flavor items" we typically record and rule on the fly.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmlock View Post
    The Refurbished Android shot Carlito with a gun twice, doing 1 damage each time. However, Carlito reduced the damage by 2 due to his armor, so Carlito received -1 damage. As you can see in the combat tracker, this raised Carlito's HP by 1 for each of those -1 damages applied.

This is happening in both FGC and FGU.

Am I the only one who doesn't have automation shown in the picture here? I don't know how to apply the damage or subtract from damage with armor rolls. I've been tracking it all manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't have automation shown in the picture here? I don't know how to apply the damage or subtract from damage with armor rolls. I've been tracking it all manually.
    Target the character you want to attack in the CT, then make the attack. If the attack succeeds, click on the Rifle in the CT and you'll get options for Stunts if there were multiple successes, Block, Dodge, and that's where you Apply the damage to that character. When you apply, armor rolls are made automatically.

This only works if you're the GM.

If you're a player, you can use Stunts and Block and Dodge from the Combat tab of the character sheet.

Searching For Gear

When I click on the Searching For Gear button in the Hadley's Hope module the table window opens with an error. Then when you click the die an unable to find result row or column message appears in chat.
    Alien.png

Quote Originally Posted by Mourngrimm View Post
    When I click on the Searching For Gear button in the Hadley's Hope module the table window opens with an error. Then when you click the die an unable to find result row or column message appears in chat.
    Alien.png
    I will fix the issue with the link in the next update. In the meantime, the table that this link does not lead to is in the Tables library and is fully functional.

Hello Valyar, and thanks so much for bringing us this great tool!
    I had the same Searching Gear issue, so that is great it will be fixed so fast, thank you.
    I have one question: I have the impression the d66 does not work, on tables such as Critical Injuries (and I tested some of the Job Generators too).
    It seems that it adds the two dice rather than putting them side by side.
    If I am doing something wrong here, I apologize.
    (and it is easy to just read the table without adding the dice, anyhow).
    A happy newcomer...
    Playing in France and Online UTC+2 (French & English) - Alien RPG & The One Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Pangea View Post
    Hello Valyar, and thanks so much for bringing us this great tool!
    I had the same Searching Gear issue, so that is great it will be fixed so fast, thank you.
    I have one question: I have the impression the d66 does not work, on tables such as Critical Injuries (and I tested some of the Job Generators too).
    It seems that it adds the two dice rather than putting them side by side.
    If I am doing something wrong here, I apologize.
    (and it is easy to just read the table without adding the dice, anyhow).
    A happy newcomer...
    Unfortunately, this currently requires a manual change to the db.xml file in order for any d66 tables you make to work. Check out the documentation in the Fantasy Grounds app data docs folder for the Alien rule set. You'll find this:

The ruleset implements D66 dice for usage with tables. The dice is not represented via custom dice in the
    right-click dice context menu, so enabling a custom table with D66 requires modification of the database .xml
    file of the campaign/module. The dice type is “d66”.

As grimmlock said, currently for D66 based tables the XML should be updated. When dust settles, we will explore a way to bring the D66 in the interface as well, as this is quite common die type in FL games.

I have WiP feature to expose the d66 via the custom dice menu with new icon. This will allow drag & drop of one d66 to table without modifying the XML files.
    Some testing will be needed alongside the d66 issue in Unity for tables, and probably will be part of the next update of the ruleset (v1.2). Screenshot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information