DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Option Chat: Show results to client - not working

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but here goes.

In my 5e campaign the "Chat: Show results to client" set to "On" has stopped working. Players can longer see the results of their rolls.

It works fine in a raw test campaign. I tried editing the options in the db.htm and lua files, reverting to an older version of the db, but all to no avail.

Bit of an ask, but has anyone any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks, Steve.

First thought is to make sure you disable any extensions you have and see if it still occurs.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    First thought is to make sure you disable any extensions you have and see if it still occurs.
    Thanks -- a good suggestion, but turning them all off makes no difference. It's a veritable mystery!

I'm not seeing this.

Can you confirm that you are talking about Classic? (I tested in both Classic and Unity and don't see an issue in either but good to know where we should be looking).

Also after you switched off all your extensions (or better would be to test in a new campaign tbh), can you confirm that you tested with a player joined to your campaign; or at the least tested with a second instance joined to the first. Could you maybe post a screenshot or two as well please.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi -- thanks for investigating. Sorry, so this is Unity and it seems to only happen with my main campaign (or copies of it). If I start a fresh campaign I do not see the issue.

I have been testing with a local connection, but my players first noticed the issue a couple of sessions ago. I have attached a screen shot showing the DM instance to the left and player to the right.

Problem.png

If there is any way I could help debug the issue, I have some familiarity with Lua.

Looks like the targeting isn't working on the player side.

Try removing the PC from the combat tracker and re-adding them.

If this doesn't work, you may need to look at removing some of those extensions and see if one of them is causing an issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Genius! Clearing out the combat tracker and adding the characters and creatures back in did the trick. Probably I did something daft -- I was switching between creatures being visible and invisible a lot (Will-o-wisps!).

Many thanks for all your support.

Thread Information