DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Initiative with decimal number bug

tested on: FGU 4e

Initiative with a decimal number like 12.5 will cause the initiative number to be added to any effects placed on PC. This causes the effect not to work.

Last edited by kevininrussia; October 12th, 2020 at 22:24.

Decimal initiatives are not necessarily tested nor supported; though I've seen them used without any issues.

Can you try removing any IF/IFT conditions, and see if the effect works for you?
    Also, please remove any extensions as well...

Thanks,
    JPG

Get same issue with condition changed and all extensions removed.

What do you do if a player readies their action if a creature comes through a doorway, then later in the initiative order a creature does that? In the rules for 4e it says to move the player to a initiative number above the triggering creature. If the triggering creature is init 20 and there are two or more creatures or PCs with the init number of 21, I would make the PC 20.5 and that would put the PC in the correct initiative order directly in front of the triggering NPC.
    Last edited by kevininrussia; October 13th, 2020 at 00:56.

What is adding the [INIT 12.5]? The init is already tracked in the following field.

Thanks,
    JPG

The [INIT 12.5] is added to the effect text when I type 12.5 into the combat tracker Init field.

Steps to reproduce

1. Type 12.5 into the Init field on PC in the combat tracker
    2. Click on effect button on the PC character sheet.
    Effect added to the Combat Tracker will now have [INIT 12.5] added to the effect text.
    Last edited by kevininrussia; October 13th, 2020 at 18:31.

Ok, it looks like the string match which removes the INIT tag when adding an effect from a PC will need to be enhanced to support decimal initiative values, so that they don't get added.

The extra text is treated as a "filter" for the effect, which will prevent it from working.

I'll add a patch to fix the string match in the next FGU build (planned this coming week).

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you so much Moon! I really appreciate the work you are doing on 4e :-)

Thread Information