DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    I posted feedback that it should have a second toggle for LOS. Another way around it aside from the door suggestion is to put terrain on either side to toggle that as well. Cumbersome either way.
    I think the best might be some quick way to change the type of an LoS entity to another one, that would allow a quick editing like of a window because the players want to board that window for some reason (like clicking on the nodes, and then on the LoS type to change it to that type; but there are surely a lot of problematic edge cases, like switching to a polygon-type while the nodes are not yet forming a closed polygon, and so on)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 18th, 2020 at 20:05.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi guys, I seem to have an issue with the new pit type.

last release of FGU. I have placed a pit in dungeon, opened it so that my dear players could fall into it.

As far as I have understood, if I lock token movement and one of my player's planned movement pass on the pit, the pit should block the player's movement from progressing.

However, the movement don't stop and the player seems to float on the pit, without giving a damn.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much for your patience.
    Just to eliminate the simplest possibility, do you have LOS enabled? If so, can you attach a zipped-up copy of your campaign folder so that I can take a look? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Just to eliminate the simplest possibility, do you have LOS enabled? If so, can you attach a zipped-up copy of your campaign folder so that I can take a look? Thanks.
    Hi pindercarl! I solved the problem (check post #36). I was working with the wrong layer. The new types are just amazing.

Thumbs up and keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi pindercarl! I solved the problem (check post #36). I was working with the wrong layer. The new types are just amazing.

Thumbs up and keep up the good work.
    I did miss that post. Glad everything is working out.

Do doors need to be a rectangular polygon? or can they not just be a line?
    Also, i cant seem to use shift + click to toggle them locked. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by demonsamurai View Post
    Do doors need to be a rectangular polygon? or can they not just be a line?
    Also, i cant seem to use shift + click to toggle them locked. Any suggestions?
    Yes, doors (and terrain) need to be closed polygons. They don't need to be rectangular but need to have a shape and be closed. A single line won't work very well.

You can only SHIFT click to lock a door when you have enabled the LoS on the map (in other words as if in an actual play session). Opening and shutting a non locked door is achieved by simply clicking on it (again while LOS is enabled in Play mode).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Since token movement speed is on the cards for an update, maybe door opening direction and double doors might be too? It is Christmas after all

Cheers guys, sorted ! Didn't know that doors need to be polygons and not just lines. Thanks so much.

Are open pits blocking token visibility on the opposite side for anyone else?
    They aren't creating a occluded line of sight problem, but tokens on opposite sides can't see each other.
    Since pits are marked 'experimental' i wanted to see if this was a problem others were experiencing before going looking for an extension that's causing an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SashaJace View Post
    Are open pits blocking token visibility on the opposite side for anyone else?
    They aren't creating a occluded line of sight problem, but tokens on opposite sides can't see each other.
    Since pits are marked 'experimental' i wanted to see if this was a problem others were experiencing before going looking for an extension that's causing an issue.
    Yeah, there seems to be a bug; kevininrussia reported that recently, and as far as I know the devs are aware of that

Thread Information