DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    One thing I would like to see with doors and other player activated map items is an option to send a message to the chat window who clicks and opens/closes the door.

A configuration option in the menu to:

Off (default) - no message
    DM - Send message to DM
    ALL - Send message to DM and Players

Ran a game a while a go and players kept opening the doors and I had no idea who it was. It was really irritating. I believe you can lock the doors, but a message would be really helpful as it doesnt stop players closing the doors.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

A suggestion for the table: Maybe adding an info about whether the corresponding LoS entity needs to be a closed polygon?

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    One thing I would like to see with doors and other player activated map items is an option to send a message to the chat window who clicks and opens/closes the door.

A configuration option in the menu to:

Off (default) - no message
    DM - Send message to DM
    ALL - Send message to DM and Players

Ran a game a while a go and players kept opening the doors and I had no idea who it was. It was really irritating. I believe you can lock the doors, but a message would be really helpful as it doesnt stop players closing the doors.
    Shift+Click to lock the doors, if you did not know.

Your idea of a message to chat when someone opens a door is interesting. You might put it on the wish list.

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    A suggestion for the table: Maybe adding an info about whether the corresponding LoS entity needs to be a closed polygon?
    Great suggestion. Added
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Wait.. you mean if I am drawing a line of LOS I can hit space bar along the way to drop a node?????
    This doesnt work in my Linux build. Enter for the final node works, but space bar does nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Great suggestion. Added
    Cool, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    With the new wall types, I wanted to document the types and what I believe are the features. Feel free to correct me if any of this is wrong.

Wall Type Blocks Movement Blocks Vision Player Toggleable Lockable Shape Notes
    Wall Yes Yes No No Line Standard Wall
    Terrain No Can see into, but not beyond. While inside can see out. Toggleable No No Closed Polygon Useful for elevation
    Door Yes (Toggleable open/close) Can see space in the doors area, but not beyond. Toggleable Yes if unlocked. Yes, DM can lock/unlock using Shift-Click Closed Polygon Standard Door
    Toggleable Wall Yes (Toggleable) Yes (Toggleable) No, DM only No Line Useful for secret doors/walls
    Window Yes (Toggleable) No Yes if unlocked Yes, DM can lock using shift-click Line Could be useful to represent bars or cage. Can see through, but not move through.
    Illusionary Wall No Yes No No Line Only way to notice is to attempt to move through. no visual indication
    Pit Does not block movement into pit, once inside, blocks movement out (Toggleable) Does not block vision while outside of pit, once inside blocks vision out (Toggleable) No, DM only No Closed Polygon experimental, may change. Open pits block movement and vision when the token is inside. Closed pits have no effect on movement or vision.
    Thrice damn this "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mattekure again." - why must you be so reputable?

Very nice job.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Love the Illusory wall type. Works perfectly for curtains across a doorway.

We actually use the terrain type for curtains in some of the modules; since it allows you to see into the space to view the curtain graphic without allowing players to see through. Curtains was actually one of the debates we had on what to call the illusory wall feature.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information