Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Thanks mattekure, well done! Very useful

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Hey Matt,

Would you mind if I copy this over to the wiki?

I'd like to suggest something.

I really, really like the window one but I don't like that it works as a door. I'd like to suggest that either there's an option to lock it so the players can't hover their mouses and see that there's a window there, or that there's a completely different wall that does exactly the same: Blocks movement, lets you see through.

The reasons are: asthethics, but also sometimes you want to have an invisible wall that players don't know it's there (like an invisible labyrinth).

And while I'm at it, I'd also want to suggest to make it possible to Snap to grid points when putting the walls. Right now it only snaps to other walls (which is really cool), but it would make the job way easier to setup up walls for some types of maps (usually square ones that are aligned to the grid).

Thanks a lot for the guide, mattekure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    I'd like to suggest something.

I really, really like the window one but I don't like that it works as a door. I'd like to suggest that either there's an option to lock it so the players can't hover their mouses and see that there's a window there, or that there's a completely different wall that does exactly the same: Blocks movement, lets you see through.

The reasons are: asthethics, but also sometimes you want to have an invisible wall that players don't know it's there (like an invisible labyrinth).

And while I'm at it, I'd also want to suggest to make it possible to Snap to grid points when putting the walls. Right now it only snaps to other walls (which is really cool), but it would make the job way easier to setup up walls for some types of maps (usually square ones that are aligned to the grid).

Thanks a lot for the guide, mattekure.
    Just to be sure, with the first suggestion you just mean to turn off the hover-overlay? (because the windows/gates can be locked such that they cannot be opened but looked through)

About the grid snapping: For me it works well to use the keyboard for adding LoS nodes, using the arrow keys to jump on a grid basis (and in pixels when pressing some hotkey, shift I think) Then Space for adding nodes (or Enter to finish it afterwards)

Snap to grid could be a useful option, but I have to say for over 90% of the maps I've added occluders to it wouldn't have helped in any way. I agree with Kel, use the arrow keys to move the map to your next point. By keeping the mouse steady you'll reach the next grid intersection just fine - as long as the map is gridded appropriately
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Hey Matt,

Would you mind if I copy this over to the wiki?
    Absolutely, feel free.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Just to be sure, with the first suggestion you just mean to turn off the hover-overlay? (because the windows/gates can be locked such that they cannot be opened but looked through)

About the grid snapping: For me it works well to use the keyboard for adding LoS nodes, using the arrow keys to jump on a grid basis (and in pixels when pressing some hotkey, shift I think) Then Space for adding nodes (or Enter to finish it afterwards)
    Yes, just turning off the hover overlay would definitely work.

Also now that I'm at it, I'd like to suggest the ability of locking secret walls "Why? The players can't see it."
    But perhaps a clumsy GM who wants to click around might accidentally click on the secret wall and reveal it's secretive content to the players since there's no confirmation.

Not that it has ever happened to me like three times...

Wait.. you mean if I am drawing a line of LOS I can hit space bar along the way to drop a node?????

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Wait.. you mean if I am drawing a line of LOS I can hit space bar along the way to drop a node?????
    Yes. And you can also hit Enter to put a "final node".

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Oh, right, now THAT's new info to me. Thanks a lot. And yea, I do agree that it's way easier to do it by using arrow keys and space bar.

Sorry for the double post, I wanted to edit one of my posts actually.

Thread Information