STAR TREK 2d20

Setting Dice Roll Result for the next roll

Hi,

is it possbile to set the result of the next roll with e.g. a slash command (like /nextroll 20 20 20)?
    At the moment I am wrting somethin like
    Code:
    rRoll.aDice[1].result=10;
    rRoll.aDice[2].result=10;
    rRoll.aDice[3].result=10;
    if I want a specific result. This is kind of annoying when I want to test various results since I have to reload the rulset everytime.

Thank you

If this is for testing actions, then set the campaign option "Dice: Manual Entry" which will allow you to enter dice results for each roll.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It is for testing.
    Didnt think to look there.

What if it is not for testing ? (since you asked that way)

Quote Originally Posted by Weltenbrand View Post
    What if it is not for testing ?
    Then I'd ask you exactly what you're trying to do. For example, what's the roll/action mechanic you're trying to reproduce?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It is a ruleset for DSA (TDE in eng.) which has a quite complex skill test. For debugging this your answer is sufficient.

But after thinking a bit, I think the possibility for the GM to manipulate player rolls which looks normal to all other players is intriquing. As usecase would be a enemy in the group which is played as a SC and has to succed in a roll.
    Basically to have a roll which looks normal to the players and executes the normal roll result handler.
    The easiest way would be to manipulate the message from the manual roll, wouldn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Weltenbrand View Post
    But after thinking a bit, I think the possibility for the GM to manipulate player rolls which looks normal to all other players is intriquing. As usecase would be a enemy in the group which is played as a SC and has to succed in a roll.
    Basically to have a roll which looks normal to the players and executes the normal roll result handler.
    This can also be handled by the manual dice functionality. Use the "Faux roll" (F) option in the Manual Dice Entry window.

Maybe we have broken something. But the Faux roll by the GM does not look like a player roll, even if it executed from the player sheet.

If the players are making the roll then you'll either have to be very quick filling in the Faux roll or you'll have to look at doing something else and setting the result before the roll is made. This can quickly get very complex as it isn't guaranteed exactly what roll the players will do next - so it will be very complex to try to code that to make it appear seemless to the players and only change the specific roll you wish to change. A lot of work, with a lot of gotchas, for a small gain (in my opinion).

It is nothing necessary l.
    It was just a train of thought which appeared spontaneously.
    If we are finished and I am really bored, I will have a look at this
    Thank you for your time and effort

Thread Information