STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: Numenera???

I don't think I was the one who said anything that specific. I just stated that we had reached out to them when they first launched Numenera and they weren't interested at the time and the next few years, so we had stopped asking.

Usually, when people are very interested in working with a publisher and we haven't gotten traction with them, having the people volunteering to develop the ruleset/content reach out to the publisher will sometimes move the needle.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I don't think I was the one who said anything that specific. I just stated that we had reached out to them when they first launched Numenera and they weren't interested at the time and the next few years, so we had stopped asking.

Usually, when people are very interested in working with a publisher and we haven't gotten traction with them, having the people volunteering to develop the ruleset/content reach out to the publisher will sometimes move the needle.

Regards,
    JPG
    Sorry for putting words in your mouth. I just know we discussed getting Cypher onto FG and it seems we have at least of couple of us that are willing to put in the work. If there are anymore volunteers that would be fantastic as they have a massive catalog of material.
    FGU Ultimate|OGL 1.0a forever | Open RPG Creative (ORC) license!
    I play and GM everything and anything!
    Come join me and make some memories of another life.
    DMing Curse of Strahd with 6 wonderful people.
    Playing 5e in Midgard with Sir Greystone
    Playing Rolemaster and Fallout 2d20 with GM Max
    Playing Against the Darkmaster with Kergan
    Solo Roleplaying to become a better GM and experiment with systems that aren't as popular.

It's never been for lack of enthusiasm for Cypher. The publisher/license holder doesn't want to provide permission for us to release any content for them. What you would need to do is reach out to Monte Cook and get permission to convert the material and to expand the ruleset. If that is never acquired, then nothing can be done from our end.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by MentalChillness View Post
    Sorry for putting words in your mouth. I just know we discussed getting Cypher onto FG and it seems we have at least of couple of us that are willing to put in the work. If there are anymore volunteers that would be fantastic as they have a massive catalog of material.
    I converted the 5e Numenera PDF with all the monsters, magic items, adventure and made 2d maps as well, and Monte Cook are not interested in VTTs.

But they are excited to be on Alchemy VTT. They were one of the first backers
    The beginning of any story is a happy accident; the end, a tragic fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe the Homunculus View Post
    But they are excited to be on Alchemy VTT. They were one of the first backers
    Maybe, that's gonna be ready in about 4 years....

It seems like Monte Cook needs to embrace the future that fewer people will be playing around actual tables.
    FGU Ultimate|OGL 1.0a forever | Open RPG Creative (ORC) license!
    I play and GM everything and anything!
    Come join me and make some memories of another life.
    DMing Curse of Strahd with 6 wonderful people.
    Playing 5e in Midgard with Sir Greystone
    Playing Rolemaster and Fallout 2d20 with GM Max
    Playing Against the Darkmaster with Kergan
    Solo Roleplaying to become a better GM and experiment with systems that aren't as popular.

Thread Information