FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Weekend Morning Game?

Hey everyone!..

I have been playing on FG now for 2 or 3 years and I have regular games on Friday nights and I am having a blast!!.. I was an 1st edition player back in the day and like a lot of people these days came back after 20 plus years!.. I have been wanting to get more game time in during the weekends as I am think I want to try to DM some but I want to get more familiar with the game. Maybe get my 17 year old son to play! Right now.. not so much lol..

I will play any version but 5e is what I bought Icespire Peak to run my son through someday..

Im on military vet, 44 years old, 6 years Army, 2 tours in Bosnia.. Looking for similar minded, easy going but serious/fun game play DM and players, for Sat or Sunday morning runs.. I'm fine with one on one if you are.. part of the goal is to understand the DMs roll in real time..

Thanks in advance for any interest!
    David

I would be interested. 23 years in the Coast Guard now retired. Looking for a few people for evenings and most weekends.

Hello 48 year old army vet 19D i would be down for an early game on the weekends im EST not sure if that works. keep me posted cheers

lol just realized that we are both in JohnD's Friday c&c group

Blog Entries
    I'm currently DM'ing a Saturday evening game and would like to get in as a player one of these days so if you decide to start DM'ing let me know. Got started with D&D back around 78-79, then ran a D&D, Rolemaster, Runequest and HarnMaster homebrew till about 94 when I stopped playing after I ETS'd (13 years RA ->19E/K, 3 years TNARNG ->19D). Took long break of about 15-16 years at least (until whenever it was that 5e came out).

How early in the AM are you thinking of starting?
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; October 11th, 2020 at 16:33.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

No skills as A DM but I can do any time. Tend to have insomnia so likely up most hours. J.O.B. only limiting factor, 6 to 3 mon through Friday. Outside that, all open. May need a crash course. , not used Unity. Not video gamed even to be honest in a number of years, so sure behind the times in team chat tools, but tech doesn't scare me.

Ha!.. wuz up!.. So the deal is im considering DMIng some but want more experience.. and I dont want to mess up our games on Friday.. I bought the icespire peak box set to see if my son may want to play.. BUT I didn't know it was on FG already..

Maybe I can try to run you some through it.. its a lil intimidating as I don't really know if I have any skills as a story teller.. So i don't want to buy players out.. But if I have an easy group I think it would be fun...

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    I'm currently DM'ing a Saturday evening game and would like to get in as a player one of these days so if you decide to start DM'ing let me know. Got started with D&D back around 78-79, then ran a D&D, Rolemaster, Runequest and HarnMaster homebrew till about 94 when I stopped playing after I ETS'd (13 years RA ->19E/K, 3 years TNARNG ->19D). Took long break of about 15-16 years at least (until whenever it was that 5e came out).

Well maybe so.. if you are easy going on a rookie DM and don't mind running a box set icespire peak.. im still boning up a bit on the 5e rules. I have all the hard cover stuff but I know i will have to buy it again for FG. If I'm any good I do have some ideas on a home brew.

Quote Originally Posted by Klondikejimbo View Post
    No skills as A DM but I can do any time. Tend to have insomnia so likely up most hours. J.O.B. only limiting factor, 6 to 3 mon through Friday. Outside that, all open. May need a crash course. , not used Unity. Not video gamed even to be honest in a number of years, so sure behind the times in team chat tools, but tech doesn't scare me.
    Start watching vids on 5e fantasy grounds... when its time I'm sure there will be room..

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post

Well 8am, 9, 10 CST but flexible...

Thread Information