STAR TREK 2d20

Coffer Corpse Weapon Immunities

Is it possible to code the coffer corpse's immunities into an NPC? The immunities are: Magical weapons inflict damage on a coffer corpse depending on their type: Bludgeoning weapons (B) inflict full damage. Slashing weapons (S) inflict normal damage, but gain no damage bonuses for Strength or enchantment. Piercing weapons (P) inflict half normal damage, and do not gain magical or Strength bonuses.

Is that something that can be coded in or should it just be handled manually? If it can be coded in does anyone have any idea of what it would look like?
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Pretty sure the code can't currently deal with the "no damage bonuses for Strength or enchantment" part of that. Your options are pretty much whether they take full damage, half damage, absorb X amount of damage, or are immune.

Thanks, I appreciate the answer. I figured it was such but wanted to ask to just to be certain.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    Is it possible to code the coffer corpse's immunities into an NPC? The immunities are: Magical weapons inflict damage on a coffer corpse depending on their type: Bludgeoning weapons (B) inflict full damage. Slashing weapons (S) inflict normal damage, but gain no damage bonuses for Strength or enchantment. Piercing weapons (P) inflict half normal damage, and do not gain magical or Strength bonuses.

Is that something that can be coded in or should it just be handled manually? If it can be coded in does anyone have any idea of what it would look like?
    As Sterno said, it's not possible. It's something that will need to be manually managed.

There are a lot of "one offs" like that. I did my best to create mechanics that would allow for the special features of "most" npcs. For example, the damage dice reduction was a difficult and convoluted process but I think there was probably enough reason to add it (as it also had the added benefit of making items like the ring of fire resistance work more by the book as well).

While someone could certainly write LUA to do this, it would probably add more complexity than it is worth... tho that is certainly IMO
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information