FG Spreadshirt Swag

Alchemical Formulas - Where to store them?

Hi all,

I've had a search for an answer but couldn't find one, so thought I'd start a new post...

How/where do people store their list of Alchemical Formulas for an Alchemist character, I can't see any options like the spell lists, etc. so I'm guess just in the notes section, or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance.
    Steve.

I use the notes section to track ALL of the formulas a character knows (including crafting recipes), but for Alchemist in particular I use the spell page.

Typically what I'll do is create a spell class that is a prepared caster and give it both 1st and 2nd level spells. In the 1st level spells I store all of the formulas the character knows (regardless of level) and give the character a number of preparations per day equal to the most of one thing I'm likely to prepare (usually 4 to 6). Then at 2nd level I create a single spell called "Infused Reagents" and give it a number of preparations equal to the number of reagents the character has.

That way, during daily preparations I can mark all of the items I have pre-prepared as prepared, and I mark the Infused Reagents spell as "cast" a number of times equal to the reagents used. And I can see how many "castings" of Infused Reagents I have left for Quick Alchemy.

Helpfully, ShadeRaven's drag and drop module adds "spells" for a lot of alchemical items, which makes this whole process very easy.

Here's a picture with an example of the setup:

Untitled.png

Thanks, I've just found ShadeRaven's drag and drop module, which really helps, so I think we will implement a system like yours using those as a base and add any others that we need.

Thread Information