DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Fast Heal, Regen and damage ongoing effects not applying automatically

Hi, I'm using PFRPG (1ed), and until a week ago, FHEAL, REGEN and DMGO effects on characters and NPC's were working normally. I.e. the effect applied at the right initiative point and applied to the correct character or NPC in the combat tracker.

However now these effects show up as GM roles or results in the chat window only. They take effect at the right time but, now I have to drag the result from the chat to the CT to have it apply to the character or NPC.

I've checked the effect syntax and they are correct (e.g. FHEAL: 10 or REGEN: 10 etc) and have worked previously. This is applying to pre-generated effects on NPC's such as the Troll regen.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, or can tell me what i am doing wrong? Has an update altered this?

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to PFRPG forum for better/quicker answers

Welcome! In the future, please ask ruleset specific questions in the ruleset specific forum. This gets you more accurate and thorough answers and saves people who don't use the ruleset time reviewing posts they can't help with. Have a great day!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I just tried all three of these effects and they are working fine for me.

I manually added DMGO and FHEAL to an existing monster in the Combat Tracker. For REGEN I dragged the Troll from the Pathfinder Bestiary.

Not much help for fixing your issue but wanted to confirm that it is working, at least for me it is.

Daniel

Thanks Dan, I tried opening a new campaign in PFRPG but had the same issue. It's really got me stumped.
    I am thinking there must be some bug in my ruleset. Perhaps it will be sorted at the next up-date.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Judgecat View Post
    Thanks Dan, I tried opening a new campaign in PFRPG but had the same issue. It's really got me stumped.
    I am thinking there must be some bug in my ruleset. Perhaps it will be sorted at the next up-date.
    Cheers
    An update just happens every several months, so, you may wait a bit too long then, and it is probably not resolved then because no-one else reports such an issue

Could you send screenshots of your issue showing everything of that process? Do you use any extensions?

You could also try to delete the ruleset and to redownload it, but I doubt that this will resolve it

Hi, I'm not using any extensions.

Rather than showing a screen shot I have taken excerpts from the chatlog. I have found a difference in the chatlog the way FHEAL was operating previously and the way it works now.

This is an example of how it is displaying now (not working):

GM: [FHEAL] Fast Heal [TYPE: untyped (2)] [ = 2]
    [TURN] Mephit, Steam (Fire)

..and this is an example of how it displayed previously when it was working:

Mephit, Steam 20: [FHEAL] Fast Heal [TYPE: untyped (2)] [ = 2]
    Fast healing [2] -> [to Mephit, Steam 12]
    [TURN] Mephit, Steam 12]

So the bit that's missing is the line "Fast healing [2] -> [to Mephit, Steam 12]"

The ruleset is recognizing the FHEAL effect, but not applying it to the creature/character to which the effect is applied. This is the same for all other HP related effects and all have the same missing line in the chatlog.

Does this help? and how do I report such an issue?

Cheers

Judgecat

Hi, I'm using PFRPG (1ed), and until a week ago, FHEAL, REGEN and DMGO effects on characters and NPC's were working normally. I.e. the effect applied at the right initiative point and applied to the correct character or NPC in the combat tracker.

However now these effects show up as GM roles or results in the chat window only. They take effect at the right time but, now I have to drag the result from the chat to the CT to have it apply to the character or NPC.

I've checked the effect syntax and they are correct (e.g. FHEAL: 10 or REGEN: 10 etc) and have worked previously. This is applying to pre-generated effects on NPC's such as the Troll regen.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, or can tell me what i am doing wrong? Has an update altered this?
    There are times that FHEAL does not work, I have to switch on the fly to REGEN.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Hi, I'm not using any extensions.

Rather than showing a screen shot I have taken excerpts from the chatlog. I have found a difference in the chatlog the way FHEAL was operating previously and the way it works now.

This is an example of how it is displaying now (not working):

GM: [FHEAL] Fast Heal [TYPE: untyped (2)] [ = 2]
    [TURN] Mephit, Steam (Fire)

..and this is an example of how it displayed previously when it was working:

Mephit, Steam 20: [FHEAL] Fast Heal [TYPE: untyped (2)] [ = 2]
    Fast healing [2] -> [to Mephit, Steam 12]
    [TURN] Mephit, Steam 12]

So the bit that's missing is the line "Fast healing [2] -> [to Mephit, Steam 12]"

The ruleset is recognizing the FHEAL effect, but not applying it to the creature/character to which the effect is applied. This is the same for all other HP related effects and all have the same missing line in the chatlog.

Does this help? and how do I report such an issue?

Cheers

Judgecat
    You report it by posting a thread, what you already did

I can sadly not reproduce your problem, I never had any problems with FHEAL etc., and the last update is already several months ago. Therefore, could you still post a screenshot? I would like to see your combat tracker, too, in order to see whether you have some exotic setup

(about that the shown chat message is hidden: That is due to that it is a GM "roll" and you have hidden GM rolls; by the way fixed numbers of FHEAL, REGEN etc. are always "rolled" as GM, the engine treats numbers a bit differently than dice and for NPCs always the GM "rolls", also for dice, so, sice it is a Mephit, this is always the case that you see GM there. So, that is normal, because you seemed to confused about this, too (but this was also always the case, that never changed in the last time, hence, my confusion ))

EDIT: The only way to change the name of the GM identity here in the chat messages, is to change the identity as GM, then it works So, you may have done that in the past, maybe for testing or so But that is not really important, the fact that FHEAL is not applied is more important, I think
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 8th, 2020 at 14:00.

Make sure also that you don't have an unzipped ruleset in your ruleset folder. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to delete the ruleset and the CoreRPG ruleset as well and do an update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I very much appreciate your help (and patience) on this.

I've inserted a screen shot of the CT and the Chat window of a round or so where FHEAl and REGEN are not working. While you cant see them "not working", I can assure you there is no change to the HP's in the CT.

I still think the missing line of ""Fast healing [X] -> [to XXXXXX]" that shows where the FHEAL value gets applied to is significant. That's the only difference I can spot.

I get the GM roll thing now, I was a bit confused but now I get that I must have changed my identity....but as you say...not the issue

I also took your advice and reloaded the PFRPG rule set, and then the CoreRPG rule set...but made no difference..

FHEAL issue.png

And if its important, the issue began since the last update on PFRPG rule set on 25/9/2020.
    Last edited by Judgecat; October 8th, 2020 at 14:53.

Thread Information