DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Chronicle System ruleset

Description
    Ruleset for the Green Ronin’s Chronicle System powering the Feudal Fantasy Roleplaying game "Sword Chronicle" and formerly Green Ronin’s "Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying Game".

You can get the latest release from the Fantasy Grounds Forge. Subscribing to the forge will automatically update the ruleset when updates are released.

================================================== ================================================== ===============
    Version v2023-02-24
    ================================================== ================================================== ===============
    * Added support for death markers
    * Add dice roll skin customization
    * Combat tracker entry subsections have been redesigned and migrated to subwindows
    * Item record subsections have been redesigned and migrated to subwindows

Version v2022-05-30
    * Added an icon for weapons indicating the degrees of success for a role. The icon and thereby the degrees of success can be cycled by clicking on the icon or by using the mouse wheel.
    * Rolling a test through the Dice Tower will no longer treat Bonus Dice as Test Dice.
    * Various minor bug fixes

Version v2022-03-04
    This release is a major upgrade to the previous version. Characters from the previous release are migrated to the new version once you update the ruleset.

* Character Sheet - Skills Tab: Contains all Abilities and Specialties. Clicking on an Ability will filter the "Specialty" list to the Specialties linked to the Ability. Custom Specialties can be entered and linked to an Ability
    * Character Sheet - Abilities Tab: Allows entering of Qualities and Languages
    * Character Sheet - Inventory Tab: Equipment can be tracked and "carry status selected. Bulk and Armor will be considered on other tabs if maintained on an item. Weapons added to the inventory will also be added to the "Actions" tab. Weapons should be tracked from the "Items" section to the inventory for maximum comfort and automation
    * Character Sheet - Notes Tab: Basic PC data. Here you can also keep track of Destiny Points, Sorcery Points and XP
    * Character Sheet - Actions Tab: Contains a Health section, Combat Stats, often used Tests and all weapons

* Items: Adjusted for Chronicle rules
    * Items: Additional fields will be shown if the item is of type "Armor" or "Weapon"
    * Items: "Subtype" is used for building a sorted item table which you can find by clicking on the button "Armor" or "Weapon" on the "Items" window
    * Items: Item data is copied if added to the inventory of a PC by drag-and-drop

* Combat Tracker: Adjusted to allow tracking of Health, Fatigue, Injuries and Wounds
    * Combat Tracker: Initiative can be rolled via the CT "Menu". Rolling of initiative per character to be fixed with next beta release, also a clean-up of the interface

* Party Sheet: Adjusted for Chronicle
    * Modifiers: A number of presets included. Custom modifiers will likely not work if they affect Abilities, Specialties, Damage or rolls

* Desktop: Buttons for extra dices added next to the "Modifier" box in the left lower corner. Buttons are cumulative, i.e. if you select "+1D", "+2D" and +"4D", the test will be performed with 7 additional test dice.
    * Desktop: If you drag-and-drop a role, you can add additional bonus dice by just right-clicking the mouse button while dragging.

Version v2021-10-01
    * Initial Release
    Last edited by Mephisto; February 24th, 2023 at 15:28. Reason: New release

Hi Mephisto,
    thank you for the ruleset. Did you continue working on it? Is is "playable"?

Regards

Hi Jabier,
    I did work a bit more on the ruleset but that is not yet ready for prime time. However, the ruleset as it is perfectly playable. I use it for my own group.
    Basically, the ruleset is layered on top of the Core ruleset so everything you have available in Core is also available here plus Abilities & Specialities rolling as defined in the Chronicle System rules. Just double-click a Speciality "number" and it will roll the Ability & Speciality and drop appropriately.
    You can also roll dice by entering a command in the chat, e.g. something like /roll 5d6k2 = Roll 5 six-sides dices, keep 2.

Have fun!

Hi Mephisto,
    I tested it and I found it great. Thank you for your work and sharing the ruleset : ).

Greetings

Version v2022-02-18 - Beta Build released in Test Channel

This release is a major upgrade to the previous version. Characters from the previous release are migrated to the new version once you update the ruleset.

PC character sheet
    * Skills Tab: Contains all Abilities and Specialties. Clicking on an Ability will filter the "Specialty" list to the Specialties linked to the Ability. Custom Specialties can be entered and linked to an Ability.
    * Abilities Tab: Allows entering of Qualities and Languages.
    * Inventory Tab: Equipment can be tracked and "carry status selected. Bulk and Armor will be considered on other tabs if maintained on an item. Weapons added to the inventory will also be added to the "Actions" tab. Weapons should be tracked from the "Items" section to the inventory for maximum comfort and automation.
    * Notes Tab: Basic PC data. Here you can also keep track of Destiny Points, Sorcery Points and XP.
    * Actions Tab: Contains a Health section, Combat Stats, often used Tests and all weapons.

Items
    * Adjusted for Chronicle rules.
    * Additional fields will be shown if the item is of type "Armor" or "Weapon".
    * "Subtype" is used for building a sorted item table which you can find by clicking on the button "Armor" or "Weapon" on the "Items" window.
    * Item data is copied if added to the inventory of a PC by drag-and-drop.

NPC
    * Functional, but this section will see change, both to layout and data structure. Please do not enter NPC you need in your campaign right now. There will be no data migration from the current version of the NPC window to the final one.
    * When you enter "Actions" for an NPC, the dice fields can be edited by clicking on them once. Double-clicking will perform the role. Custom skills are not yet supported for NPC.

Combat Tracker
    * Adjusted to allow tracking of Health, Fatigue, Injuries and Wounds.
    * Initiative can be rolled via the CT "Menu". Rolling of initiative per character to be fixed with next beta release, also a clean-up of the interface.

Party Sheet
    * Functional.

Modifiers
    * A number of presets included. Custom modifiers will likely not work if they affect Abilities, Specialties, Damage or rolls.

Effects
    * Fully functional "Lights"
    * "Conditions" don't have an effect yet.

Desktop
    * Buttons for extra dices added next to the "Modifier" box in the left lower corner. Buttons are cumulative, i.e. if you select "+1D", "+2D" and +"4D", the test will be performed with 7 additional test dice.
    * If you drag-and-drop a role, you can add additional bonus dice by just right-clicking the mouse button while dragging.

Qualities / Specialties
    * Adjusted for Chronicle rules.

Notes, Encounters, Images, Parcels, Quests, Story, Tables
    * Standard FGU functionality included

Live version has been released.

Really, really liking this! But, when I add a custom sepciality and choose the Ability, it does not add the Ability dice nor the rank to the Bonus dice for the automated roll. Am I missing something?

Glad you like it! I could recreate the issue, I'll investigate it tomorrow. Thanks for reporting the bug!
    Last edited by Mephisto; July 26th, 2022 at 20:38.

Thank you for that!

A couple of other things you may want to look at. I found that Move was pre-calculated to zero with no Run bonus dice. Not sure if that is an error.

Also, I am unable to create weapons or armour from within the Items list. I can see the box there, but cannot create new items. As a knockon, I cannot then specify Armour Ratings for individual armour types...

I pushed an update which should take care of the move and the item error. Still need to fix the custom Speciality issue.
    This update also contains the ability to set a weapon to be used defensively (shield icon on the handling element), which will add its defense bonus to the Combat Defense if one is maintained in the weapon description. Handling element can be used with the mouse wheel now.

Happy to hear any feedback and bug fix requests!

Thread Information