DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Hex Grid Template

I make my own maps for my games and whilst I've managed to do a square-tile map that plays nicely with the square grid, every effort to make a similar one for the hex grid seems to become misaligned regardless of size. Is there a template I can work from so I can draw a hex-gridded map and then import it without having the grid drift from my grid?

Aligning hex grids is extremely difficult although easier in Unity with all of the options you have for grid sizing. The easiest thing to do is probably not put a grid on your map or at least export it without a grid and then you can have whatever size FGU grid on it that you want and don’t need to match it with a baked in one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It might just be placebo, but I feel like making my hex size a multiple of 36 seems to help me line them up. If I export 70px hexes it doesn't line up as well as 72px. Also as Zacchaeus pointed out, in FGU you can do decimals on your hex size which really helps.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Ive found the larger your hexes are on your map, the better FG will align. I tend to use very large hexes in FG (think 256px).

Thread Information