FG Spreadshirt Swag

Javin's Actions Chat Bubbles (FG Extension)

Javin's Action Chat Bubbles
    A Fantasy Grounds Extension

Price: $7.00

Description:
    Javin's Action Chat Bubbles is a Fantasy Grounds extension that makes it possible for player characters to automatically speak in the chat window when they are performing certain actions with spells and equipment, like casting Vicious Mockery or attacking with a longsword.

With this extension Fantasy Grounds can be easily configured to use rollable tables when certain actions occur and then print a speech bubble from the player into the chat window automatically, that could include a joke, insult, magic incantation, or whatever might bring more enjoyment, immersion, and laughter to your games.

Watch the video for details.
    Get it on DMs Guild.

Javins_Action_Chat_Bubbles_Extension_example.jpg
    Javins_Action_Chat_Bubbles_Extension.jpg

CHANGELOG

## v1.0.1 - 2020-09-27 - Sean P. Kane <javin>

**Bug fix release**

* Add missing nil check to properly ignore drag and drop rolls
    * Add FAQ and other minor updates to reference manual in module

## v1.0 - 2020-09-13 - Sean P. Kane <javin>

**Initial Public Release**

* Basic support for attack, save, heal, and damage actions chat tables

Javin - Sean P. Kane
    Author, Developer, Teacher, Player, and Gamemaster

DMs Guild Creations
    Support via Discord: Discord Invite Channel: #sean-p-kane-javins-stuff

Hi Javin,

I found that Generic Actions https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ity-5E-ruleset by Silentruin , interferes with your extension, when used together.

Tested in a new campaign with only Javin's Action Chat Bubbles and Generic Actions loaded.

Could you maybe investigate further?

Thanks!

JAC & Generic Actions

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi Javin,

I found that Generic Actions https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ity-5E-ruleset by Silentruin , interferes with your extension, when used together.

Tested in a new campaign with only Javin's Action Chat Bubbles and Generic Actions loaded.

Could you maybe investigate further?

Thanks!
    The best place to get support for this extension is via Discord:

* rob2e Discord - #sean-p-kane-javins-stuff

I have actually looked at this in the past and this is what my testing revealed:

I think that Generic Actions actually works fine with JAC. Generic Actions does seem to block some actions by design when it thinks that you can't do that (like damage a dead creature), and this does mean that the chat bubble will not display, which seem ok in general. Can you try testing it again with that extension, but ensure that you have a valid target and that target has HP and no effects applied to it?

The extension has a slash command that can be used to enable debugging. You can use /jac ? to get help. Enabling /jac debug verbose (debug in console) or /jac debug verbose chat (debug in chat) and then testing should provide some hints. If you get some info, go ahead and DM me the logs in Discord (via the Compile Logs button in the console) and a few pictures of the setup, etc. and I can try and help out.

NOTE: I am going off the grid for a few weeks, so I will not be able to follow up again until late August at the earliest.

Javin - Sean P. Kane
    Author, Developer, Teacher, Player, and Gamemaster

DMs Guild Creations
    Support via Discord: Discord Invite Channel: #sean-p-kane-javins-stuff

Hi Javin,

Thank you, I did some of the debugging tips that you suggested. Though even with an NPC that had health and no effects applied it would still not prompt the chat bubbles.
    Below here I've sent you the setup of how it was tested, with screenshots and the console log.

Tested in a new campaign
    Loaded only: Javin's ACtions Chat Bubbles and Generic Actions
    All Generic Actions Turned Off (Though having them all On made no difference)

Screenshots:

JAC Simple Debugging to Chat Enabled (/jac debug <chat>)

JAC Verbose Debugging to Chat Enabled (/jac debug verbose chat)

JAC Verbose Debugging to Console Enabled (/jac debug verbose)

Thank you for helping, should further investigation be needed, I will join your channel or reply here!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; August 7th, 2021 at 07:44.

Hey, I downloaded the latest version from Dmsguild and its working now !!

Update

So it works when I load both Generic Actions and Javin's Action Chat Bubble in 5e-sample Campaign.

Though it doesn't trigger the dice roll for the chat tables when I try it in a brand new campaign or current campaign?

Really strange? I'm confused..

Update 2

I found that the db file in the 5e-sample campaign, is the component that lets both extension work well together.
    If I place this in any of my other campaign folders and load the campaign they work together, though I haven't been able to figure out what exactly the difference in the file are that is allowing them to work well together.
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; August 16th, 2021 at 09:22.

Hey Javin,

Sadly Generic Actions and Javin's Action Chat bubbles have stopped to work again, trying them in a new campaign together, also doesn't make them work, could you maybe have a look?
    I would really like to use both extension together, yours adds a lot of flavour to our games and Silentruins makes life as a dm easier.

Thank you!

Thread Information