STAR TREK 2d20

Development Suggestion

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the correct spot, so feel free to move it.

I'm a multi decade veteran GM new to FGU, and I find it absolutely fantastic for gaming during our trying times. That said we play combat intensive campaigns where we normally have the map scrolled way out and show a lot of icons at one time. With the map scrolled out everything is way too small to see the tiny effects symbols you've wonderfully added to the tokens. I would like to suggest an additional optional visual effect that would be easier to see at a glance and on small tokens. Perhaps something liked a colored ring or background for the token. I suspect you would need to group effects but you could do groupings like: Dead, Immobilized, Incapacitated, Unconscious, and Ready - and be able to assign each of them a highly distinctive color.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Effects/statuses are also visible on the combat tracker.

I'm not sure how your suggestion would work in a general sense, because if someone wasn't zoomed way out, then they would be too large. But maybe the devs could work something out.

The best way to make suggestions is to make sure you add them to the wish list, though please check if they are already there. You can always add comments/links to a forum discussion and the wish list item to facilitate details and discussion. The wish list can be found at; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You might want to look at this. I am not sure what level of support it currently has.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mbat-extension
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

I think it is basically a request for more overlays like the several extensions about wound/death overlays etc. (so, covering the whole token rather than just the corner/bottom line)

Any plans to implement Auras and Dynamic Lighting? Gets hard to tell what players can see in the deep dark dungeon. Auras ties into this just because normally the party is then casting light on the tanks shield or has an ioun torch floating around their head. The auras would also be nice since there are quite a few monsters that have fear, stench, etc auras and the aura would make it a lot faster to determine who is in the effected area and who isn't. I saw that token lock was also just released, haven't tried it but definitely excited. Would it be possible to show token movement even without token lock enabled that way movement distances and path could be shown without requiring GM approval?

Quote Originally Posted by drklotus View Post
    Any plans to implement Auras and Dynamic Lighting? Gets hard to tell what players can see in the deep dark dungeon. Auras ties into this just because normally the party is then casting light on the tanks shield or has an ioun torch floating around their head. The auras would also be nice since there are quite a few monsters that have fear, stench, etc auras and the aura would make it a lot faster to determine who is in the effected area and who isn't. I saw that token lock was also just released, haven't tried it but definitely excited. Would it be possible to show token movement even without token lock enabled that way movement distances and path could be shown without requiring GM approval?
    Dynamic light is one of the first targetted features for after release But no information about how it is implemented and what you can do with it

Thread Information