5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

5E Sorcerer background issue

So I know that not all class/racial traits are coded, but the behaviour of this in particular seems like an oversight to me.

The dragon ancestry sorcerous origin includes a trait called draconic resilience (p102 PHB.) When wearing no armor, the character should have a base AC of 13 rather than 10, and receives an additional 1 hit point per level. The additional 1 hit point is being added appropriately on level up, however the character does not have their base AC increased while not wearing armor. I know that I can always go in and manually add a +3 AC modifier on the sheet, or create an effect to do this, however then it's incumbent on us to remove that +3 if the character ever equips armor. This seems like an oversight to me because not only is the HP being implemented correctly while the AC is not, but I believe both the monk and barbarian have something hard coded that automatically applies similar traits when they are unarmored. This is a core rulebook sorcerous background, straight out of the PHB, and since similar functionality is already in for other classes in the ruleset it seems like it'd be simple enough to extend that to sorcerers.

Blog Entries
    Mod: Moved to 5E forums. Not a FGU issue.

I don't think FG is going to be programmed to automate this. AC dependent upon what armor is worn (like barbarians and monks, etc) are not automated. Too many exceptions for the small return. Gerenally this is something setup once on a character and rarely changed after that.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information