FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Map not displaying correctly from player perspective.

Hi,

I'm trying to get set up for a new campaign using FG, and I've been running into some problems with my maps. The map looks fine in my GM instance of fantasy grounds, but when I run a second instance of fantasy grounds and join the campaign as a player to test out the player perspective (I'm trying to learn the system so I want to see what the players will see), the map looks as if the layers are out of order. After messing with it a bit to try to fix it I found that elements such as the ship were indeed underneath the main map for the players. Further, after messing about with the map, it eventually froze for the player perspective, and I stopped seeing it update on that side when I tried to add/hide/show layers.

Is this issue caused by some instability caused by having two instances of FG running on the same machine, or will my players see this issue as well when it actually comes to game night? I've attached screenshots of the two perspectives below. Please advise?

edit: I've found that I can fix this by dragging the layer orders around kinda randomly until things appear correctly, but I'd still like to get a better understanding of this issue so I don't need to confirm that every map is working for the players. It sucks fearing that even though the map I painstakingly built looks great on my end, it might look totally wrong for my players.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ShaunB; September 26th, 2020 at 20:53.

Can you provide a copy of that campaign folder zipped up for us to try here?

Thanks,
    JPG

Yeah definitely. Theres a lot of assets in it, so its too big to link on the forum, so I put it on google drive, hope thats ok.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bd_...ew?usp=sharing

Did this get resolved? I think I am experiencing the same thing. 5E ruleset on a Mac OS Catalina. I do have a main map JPG, then I added rooftops to 7 houses on the JPG, I added about 5 folders with different assets in each. I started the second instance to confirm all looks good and all I get is the main JPG layer. I haven't played with moving the layers yet, but that will come next.

It's still on our list to investigate. I've let Carl know that you've also encountered.

Regards,
    JPG

I've also seen this on a test map I created recently - on the GM side one of the walls was above the floor (as it should be), on the player side it was below it.
    This was also the 5E ruleset but on Windows 10, using one of the provided tilesets.

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for reporting this issue. It has been resolved and should be fixed in the next update.

I am having an issue like this still (with the most recent update) but only when I open a second instance on my pc. When I connect from my wife's pc it updates just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also, can you elaborate on the issue? The second and third pictures look the same to me?

Can you provide a copy of your campaign folder zipped up?

JPG

Sorry, the 2nd and third picture ARE virtually the same, I only included a 3 shots for completeness. The point was to show that my wife's pc has the same view as the GM (and is correct) whereas the 1st image is from a 2nd instance on my (the GM) pc. The issue has resolved itself though, so not sure what happened.

Thread Information