STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Thanks everybody. I'm taking a look at this now.
    Thanks for looking into this.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thanks - definitely an issue I have seen with hexes on (not square grids).

Great feature and I am sure this issue will be easily fixed

Just adding that last update seems to have "improved" the issue with distance measurement under Locked Tokens for Hex grids. Was looking really good but found a situation where the target distance (under Combat Tracker and on arrow from PC token to NPC) was 55', yet when rolled the range in game (using Rolemaster rule set) was 44'.

That should probably be reported in the Rolemaster ruleset forum. I believe that all the "range" calculations for attacks are done by the ruleset.

Regards,
    JPG

I believe that it is done by the ruleset yes, but the case is that in the classic version it works and in unity it doesn't.

Understood, but FG client doesn't do a "range" calculation (other than putting numbers on pointers/targeting); so any "range" calculation used in the ruleset is calculated there. I'm not familiar with Rolemaster, so I have no idea where to look.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    That should probably be reported in the Rolemaster ruleset forum. I believe that all the "range" calculations for attacks are done by the ruleset.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks Moon Wizard - maybe a Ruleset, though it is correct for most of the ranges, but on some fails. Maybe just worth checking, which is why I raised it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegraf View Post
    Thanks Moon Wizard - maybe a Ruleset, though it is correct for most of the ranges, but on some fails. Maybe just worth checking, which is why I raised it.
    I am finding that in the GURPS ruleset, if the token in centered on the hex, it sometimes measures from one edge to another edge, and thus is one hex short. If I hold down the CTRL key and move the token back a tiny bit, it displays the right range.

Ergo: The first one is correct at 4 hexes, but move closer, and it shows 1 instead of 2. The final shows that if I move the target token down a bit, it displays the correct distance.

BUT movement seems to be fixed.

Right 1.png
    Wrong 1.png
    Right 2.png

So, you are saying that on hex grids, the movement is correct; but targeting is still off sometimes?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    So, you are saying that on hex grids, the movement is correct; but targeting is still off sometimes?

Thanks,
    JPG
    Yes, that is correct. Targeting is often, but not always, correct. Movement seems to be correct. I think if the targeting was measuring from the center of one hex to the center of another hex, it might get it correct, but I'm not sure. Perhaps related, perhaps not, rotation with the mousewheel does not work (on a Mac). I think I saw this mentioned in another thread, but I can confirm it.

Thread Information