STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Ranges on Maps / Hexes

Not sure what is going on here, but I cannot seem to get FGU to count hexes appropriately (it is counting 3 yards as 1, 4 yards as 2, etc.).

I must be doing something wrong, it's just not clear what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 2.50.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 2.57.30 PM.png

I started playing around with movement the other night and noticed this as well. At the time, I thought I was just doing something wrong.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the issue is, being new to Fantasy Grounds. Sometimes the hex ranges are weird. I also do not know what the options for "Range: On" or "Range: Off" does, if anything, on images. It doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Yes, we have this counting problem, when moving the token when the locking system is active, but only in hexagons.
    The movement inside the hexagons is not accurate, it seems that the token is not attached to the grid.
    In the case of GURPS we have the problem of not being able to use the tool that allows changing the unit of measurement, which indicates the distance modifier and which allows determining the value of each hexagon.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Yes, we have this counting problem, when moving the token when the locking system is active, but only in hexagons.
    The movement inside the hexagons is not accurate, it seems that the token is not attached to the grid.
    In the case of GURPS we have the problem of not being able to use the tool that allows changing the unit of measurement, which indicates the distance modifier and which allows determining the value of each hexagon.
    Has this been reported to the FGU devs as an issue?
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

No Ronnke, I just posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    No Ronnke, I just posted here.
    You should report it. Hexs are not commonly used so the devs may not be aware of the issue.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Blog Entries
    Thanks everybody. I'm taking a look at this now.

Thanks pindercarl !

Quick update: it also seems to be off when measuring ranges to a target. See the attached screenshot. Orcs 1, 2, and 3 are all technically three hexes away from our swashbuckler, Andrew Jamieson. However...Orc 2 shows up as two hexes away. Not sure if this is related.

Oddly, the pointer, I believe, gets this correct, measuring from the center point of the hex to the center point of the target hex.

Hexes.png

Thread Information