Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Can someone help me?

So in the adventure path Against the Aeon Throne 2: Escape from the Prison Moon, in Part 2: Outpost Zed, there are the three merchants on the furnace marketplace (Half-Red, Glest and the Xaarb). They are there to tell the players some stuff about the system and the outpost but they also have some items for sale. The creator of the module made some sort of special overview for them that look a lot like the armor- or weaponlists. I'd like to create one of these lists myself, can anyone help me how to do it, because I haven't found a way to do it in client.

I checked the module and this is the element it uses:

<h>Glest's Goods For Sale</h>
    <linklist>
    <link class="reference_groupedlist" recordname="list.glestitems">Glest Items For Sale</link>
    </linklist>

What this means is the link opens a reference_groupedlist window, using the list.glestitems list within the module. Hope this helps.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Not really to be honest, maybe to shorten this. Would this be something I could do in client or would I need to do something else? Because if I can't do it in client I wouldn't bother to learn how to do it ^^

Short answer would be no. You would have to make changes to the xml by hand to change how the link functions. So you would create an empty link within FG and then export. Then unpack the module and use a text editor to open the DB.xml. From there you would need to, by hand, enter the data that you would like it to link to and also create the list within the xml file.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Okay that I do understand, thank you for the help

I had the same issue. I could pull up a list of items for sale from each of the vendors, but was unable to share it with the players. eventually I just took a screen shot and posted the jpg for my players to view.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSalamander View Post
    I had the same issue. I could pull up a list of items for sale from each of the vendors, but was unable to share it with the players. eventually I just took a screen shot and posted the jpg for my players to view.
    Oh you can share it, I was just wondering if I could create one myself.

The option to choose what kind of window appears from a link is something I've been thinking of trying to implement, but there are other features that are incoming that will help with all the rulesets. I am certainly putting it on my list of things to prototype and see if we can make possible. Course some XML manipulation is very light on the coding side of things, but could give you a huge presentation value. If you do decide to tinker, we are certainly here to try and help with it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Use the shops extension...can create your own lists as you see fit and let players buy stuff to their heart's content (up to what you allow them to buy)
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Use the shops extension...can create your own lists as you see fit and let players buy stuff to their heart's content (up to what you allow them to buy)
    Is it this one you are talking about? Does it work on FGU. I tried using it but I just got some errors and an empty window I couln't do anything in :/

Thread Information