FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

SilentRuin's Extensions Bundle (.ext files) [Fantasy Grounds Unity (5E ruleset)]

Now in Forge. Old DMsG version will be maintained though is no longer for sale there.

Every time something annoyed me while running my own campaign, I wrote an extension for it. Due to the nature of extensions I will only ever claim my extensions run with what I personally use myself. At the time I'm writing this that is what is in this bundle plus the Death Indicator Extension I maintain for the FG forum community. Watch the videos and fully read the DMsG comments/purchaser comments/reviews for each extension of this bundle and also read the FG forum threads associated with each one (which I will list below). Do this BEFORE you contemplate buying this. Do your research FIRST not AFTER hitting the add to cart! As I do use all these myself, they have features within them that complement each other as I wanted in my own campaigns. I'd rather be honest and turn people away from this purchase than "sell it up", so do your research to make sure you want to spend money on these things. And if you only want one or two of them it's cheaper to buy them individually.

FG forum pages for my extensions:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ity-5E-ruleset

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Grounds-Unity

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...250#post535250

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Grounds-Unity

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ty-5E-Ruleset)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ty-5E-Ruleset)

Grim Press will be handling the sales and promotion of these extensions.
    If you'd like to engage with us, please feel free to join the Grim Press discord: https://discord.gg/N7MM93a

Extensions = RISK: This note is added to all the extensions I maintain. I want users to understand that extensions are code that is added to or overrides portions of code in the Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) application. When the underlying code in FGU changes it can break an extension. When you run with other extensions they can conflict by trying to overwrite the same parts of the FGU code. I will keep my extensions working with FGU changes, and the extensions I use (listed in my FGU signature) as I have direct control over those things. I cannot make the same promise with other extensions. If I am notified of an incompatibility I will attempt to resolve it - but if I cannot I will list what the known extension incompatibilities are. Understand before you get any extensions that it comes with RISK. Not just my extensions - any extension.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 12th, 2021 at 21:05.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Questions on my extensions seem to be put to me more often than not in PM's here, in DMsG messages under the product, or in FGU discord on the odd times I happen to randomly look through the text chats. Most questions should be able to be answered in the DMsG text and long boring "test" videos where I go through all the features (minus later version updates). If those do not answer your questions, then DMsG is probably the least real estate available to give answers to questions, so if you've got them, and you feel they should be public - drop them in the forums here under the extension you have questions on. If its a private question or you think its going to take an in depth answer or demo - then best contact me via PM here to arrange a discord talk or firing up of a host to join and see things. Dropping a PM in discord is also ok though I'm randomly on and off of there.

Ideally reading the text and videos will give you the answers you need, but that information is not showing real cases and applications just raw testing and details of what was done.

Have purchased all of them, makes my life easier since it simply takes off some of the workload from me as I have 15-18 players who are getting up there in level. Simplifies life for my players. Have not seen any conflicts after the last updates.....so far. Keep up the great work.

There is a request, would it be worth it to create an extension for the GM to add dibilitating effects to a player or NPC monster. This issue comes coming up more an more often. Example would be to add effects such as stun, paralyzed, frozen, charm. These effects are not caused by spells or weapons but by other means. I would like to be able to simply drop the effect onto the Player or Creature in the combat tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by shezingzh View Post
    Have purchased all of them, makes my life easier since it simply takes off some of the workload from me as I have 15-18 players who are getting up there in level. Simplifies life for my players. Have not seen any conflicts after the last updates.....so far. Keep up the great work.

There is a request, would it be worth it to create an extension for the GM to add dibilitating effects to a player or NPC monster. This issue comes coming up more an more often. Example would be to add effects such as stun, paralyzed, frozen, charm. These effects are not caused by spells or weapons but by other means. I would like to be able to simply drop the effect onto the Player or Creature in the combat tracker.
    This is provided by FGU. Open the effects button in the upper right and you will see a number of effects buttons you can simply drag and drop onto the combat tracker entry. I use it all the time. Also you can create your own custom effects in there that are also able to be dragged and dropped to combat tracker. As you have Equipped Extensions you also have export/import buttons in that for storing and retrieving custom effects. That's not just something I put in for equipped effects to allow you to unequip/equip things that automatically put them in combat tracker or take them out of it - that effects button is for lots of things - I just use it.

So what you describe being required is already there without ANY of my extensions. You can drag and drop effects to combat tracker already.

Note to users based on yesterday's personal campaign use of a mule with "polymorphism"/"map parcel" abilities and the NPC inventory handling.

I found that really only one player can own an NPC at any time meaning if you have a mule or other shared pack animal, their inventory can really only be managed by one player. My players do this by having the owner of the mule transfer items between mule's inventory and party sheet inventory and other players move things in an out of party inventory they want stored on the mule.

On a personal campaign note, I've offered to give the player who owns the mule a bonus in my campaign for managing its inventory. They get all the spare change in the party sheet coins after a division of cash. And next session might give them a special homebrew "made up feat" where they get the title of "Master Jackass" with secure control of the mule (they can keep it doing what they want) in high stress conditions. But that's just me and my way of dealing with it - you can come up with your own

Just found out about metal rankings in DMsG - who knew putting things I wrote for myself would actually be wanted - thank you community

I have partnered with Grim Press to handle sales and promo of this extension. I'm just to lazy to bother

Updated for Combat Groups while it lasts on DMsG.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 15th, 2021 at 18:24.

When TEST goes LIVE (said to be Feb 16) all of these will need to be update - FYI.

Added Assistant GM to the pack.

Thread Information