DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Test just went live with lighting - all my extensions work with it.

Just brought all my extensions to a new level of power! I have an FGCON16 campaign specifically designed for lighting and it is working like a DREAM! - Long temples with pillars and some foes with torches - a campfire - some in dark - with combat groups I can keep them visible on map (if lit up) but not on CT - equipped effects can tie into the new effect keywords so things can add in lighting when equipped - polymorphism can switch from an elf druid with darkvision to dire wolf with none and they go black if in dark and switch back and darkvision is back on - it is AWESOMELY POWERFUL. This SW build cannot be over hyped.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

You should always look to see if RAW FGU can do what you want first, second I'd try to write your own extension you have full control over and if you can't do that, look for a free extension (plenty out there even I support two), and only then look to a paid extension and only if it's something you really want and understand the prime directive - EXTENSIONS = RISK.

So if you still want features that I supply after that warning - you should read the forum threads thoroughly before you ever pull the trigger and buying it. As I constantly add things in and the videos are hopelessly out of date. To summarize though (note if you don't have NPC inventories (map parcels) then ignore the ones that support doing stuff to them):

FGU 5E
    Free Death Indicator:
    See map indicators for when PC/NPC is in a dying state (dying, stable or dead) at a glance.

Free Advantages:
    CTRL and ALT held to do advantage or disadvantage rolls. Have your group/category selections remembered between sessions.

Paid Generic Actions:
    Actions nobody ever remembers are available in button form on actions tab for PC and main page for NPC.

Paid Equipped Effects:
    Equip/Unequip PC/NPC inventories to add in matching custom effects or spell/powers.

Paid Polymorphism:
    Switch PC/NPC to NPC and back following various polymorph spells, traits/features (wildshape, shapeshifter, shapechanger) in simple thorough way. Full ownership of shared NPCs.

Paid Map Parcel:
    Open parcels up to being placed on the map, letting players shift contents to charsheet(PC/NPC)/partysheet/other parcels and dropping PC/NPC inventories into map parcel dropped on death. NPCs have inventories.

Paid Combat Groups:
    Prep combat tracker so that PC/NPC are in groups that can be accessed to map or turned off and on in combat tracker - visible or invisible on map - per group.

Paid Assistant GM:
    Grant access to control of all NPCs to player(s).
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 14th, 2021 at 17:34.

Silent Ruin, I am very much enjoying the Assistant GM. One addition I am hoping is easy to implement is to be able to have the CT tracker split into two player groups so that three of six players (Group A) for example can see each other and the other three (Group B) can see each other but the DM controls which of those two separate groups can the other group.

(I am trying to set up a PvP scenario)

Quote Originally Posted by FundPirate View Post
    Silent Ruin, I am very much enjoying the Assistant GM. One addition I am hoping is easy to implement is to be able to have the CT tracker split into two player groups so that three of six players (Group A) for example can see each other and the other three (Group B) can see each other but the DM controls which of those two separate groups can the other group.

While I could do something to cause different players to respect different visibility statuses on their combat trackers it would likely end up getting very complex with lots of things that could go wrong. For instance, right now I can grant NPC access to all the players - have them choose the NPCs they would control - and do battle. I could then (after they chose the NPC(s) to control in the coming battle) hide everything in combat tracker using combat groups (just turn them all off). Then I could have the players do everything via the map- targeting and any PC/NPC sheet operations. But then there would be no turn indicator which can effect some operations. Gist is, there is no way to easily do what you want without impacting how things in FGU work (end turn for example). Now, my extensions here are just tools. How you use them is purely up to you. I never look at anything I do as "can only be done this way".

Quote Originally Posted by FundPirate View Post

After you mentioned this I thought of a change in combat groups that I've always wanted. It is kind of like what you could use also - I think? Not really sure. But its something I can use when I don't want players to see people outside of there faction in combat tracker. Keep in mind - I make tools - how they are used - or misused - is up to the people who take what I make for myself. I'll be posting in combat groups shortly about this (with an update) - and you can check in there if its something you can use. Basically, the idea of making something that tracked individual player groups and who could see them and who could not does not appeal to me. But...

Having players only able to see combat tracker entries that share a common friend/foe/faction? Does. Stay tuned in the other thread.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; May 5th, 2021 at 21:54.

An example of how I create my FGU 5E campaigns using my extensions - I recommend using timestamps to skip around as its long soundless and boring - unless you need a full example of how to build a campaign, characters, using specific mods and extensions, with a bit of combat groups and assistant GM from scratch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faWxXH0qJTI

I'm new to your addons but I have an interest in Polymorphism. I have gone to FGU, Forge and Grim Press and find no way to purchase your extension with money. Forge is the only place I have even found the ext for sale but they use some token system I have no knowledge off.
    Could you point me to a page I can pay you with real money please?

Quote Originally Posted by Icaryum View Post
    I'm new to your addons but I have an interest in Polymorphism. I have gone to FGU, Forge and Grim Press and find no way to purchase your extension with money. Forge is the only place I have even found the ext for sale but they use some token system I have no knowledge off.
    Legally no other place than forge.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaryum View Post
    ... I have no knowledge off.
    Buy the tokens with real money on the forge. Spend them on extensions on the forge.

A list of highlights for my paid extensions in the Forge. These are high overview (not details) for people who do not know at all what they do.

SilentRuin's Extension Highlights

Assistant GM Extension (FGU 5E Ruleset)
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/153/view

•Allow Players to have full control of NPC. This is not the partial control that can be done with standard FGU sharing to players by dropping on Portrait. This is full use of the NPC, end turn, read/write CT data, actions available in CT, clearing of ownership, with no additional limiting options forced that allow any player movement/visual access of that NPC.

Carrier Extension (FGU 5E Ruleset)
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/615/view

•Allow a Combat Tracker (CT) map token to be tied to the movement of another CT map token. This is not simply moving tokens as a group - but instead having tokens follow each other (tracing same path of leader) or mirroring the movement/orientation of another token as it it moves/orients.
    •Allow a CT token tied to another NPC CT tokens movement to also share that NPCs CT actions.

Combat Groups Extension (FGU 5E Ruleset)
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/154/view

•Allow DM's to group Combat Tracker (CT) entries so that they can control what is visible or not on the CT. This means they can prep a session to have multiple encounters in the CT that are able to exist in the map already (out of sight of players) but also not be visible in CT until they are needed.
    •Allow Players to only be able to see things on CT that they own, or are in the same faction, or are in the same group. This allows the DM not to have to manage the CT visibility to match the lighting/LOS visibility of what the player's see on a map - which is changing constantly. The players simply will be required to target things in the map not on the CT. A very powerful tool that can be used or not at the DM's discretion.
    •Allow DM to have map tokens associated with groups so that the group can be represented by that token instead of individual tokens.

Equipped Effects Extension (FGU 5E Ruleset)
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/158/view

•For PC/NPC/Vehicle inventory items will respect equipped status and add/remove any (name rules in extension) matching DB powers/spells into the relevant actions/tabbed sheet area. It will also add any matching DB custom effects into the Combat Tracker (CT) entry. Also optionally supports populating this data in relevant spots when something is dropped in the CT.
    •Supports optional expanded details in display of PC/NPC/Vehicle data.
    •Supports CURSED inventory items that cannot be removed by player.
    •Supports Module Priority in determining where the special name matching rules are to lookup data.
    •Supports numerous name matching rules for AE5E supplemental data by Grim Press.

Generic Actions Extension (FGU 5E Ruleset)
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/152/view

•Support reminders (operations where possible) in PC/NPC sheets for Grapple (PHB 195), Break Grapple (PHB 195), Shove (PHB 195), Dash (PHB 192), Disengage (PHB 192), Dodge (PHB 192), Help (PHB 192), Hide (PHB 192), Ready (PHB 193), Search (PHB 193), Use Object (PHB 193), Disarm (DMG 271), Overrun (DMG 271), and Tumble (DMG 271). These actions are often out of sight out of mind - so this helps remember (and help execute where possible) these actions are available.
    •Optionally supports preventing attacks and spell casting from working when out of ammo or when certain effects are in place.
    •Optionally supports flanking bonuses.
    •Optionally supports range limitations and penalties.
    •Optionally supports special max temporary hit point HEAL shield behavior.

Map Parcel Extension (FGU 5E Ruleset)
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/157/view

•Support Parcels (Map Parcels) being displayed/accessed on a map with various options.
    •Support NPC/Vehicle inventory tab on main sheets. Also supports adding NPC sheet entries into main page when things dropped in inventory.
    •Support of Map Parcel transfers between Party Sheet, Parcels, and PC/NPC/Vehicle sheets.
    •Support of loot dropping of PC/NPC/Vehicle inventory as a Map Parcel on the map after death or by specific operation. Optional and requires "[MP] LOOT" or "[MP] DROP" (or name rule specifics) Map Parcel templates to be defined.

Polymorphism Extension (FGU 5E Ruleset)
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/156/view

• Supports host or owned player PC/NPC transformation into NPC (and back to original shape) based on rules defined by Polymorph Spell, True Polymorph Spell, Animal Shapes Spell, Shapechange Spell, Shapechanger, Shapeshifter, and Wild Shape supported rule definitions.
    •Supports full ownership of NPC so that player can fully control it.

Thread Information