5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    Hey Moonwizard, sorry for the delay in responding to this one.

Rather than try and explain this, I figured it might be helpful to put together a quick recording. Hope it helps what Im trying to convey. https://youtu.be/Jp9qIX5TGas
    Did you check the last updates? There is a second zoom feature in the radial menu which zooms in such that you do not see the border anymore (but you can still scroll beyond the border afterwards) (sorry if you mentioned it in the video, I am sadly not a fan of watching videos I skimmed through it though)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 15th, 2020 at 18:37.

I wasn't aware of that but it doesn't resolve the issue. It doesn't change the fact that you can still scroll beyond the boundaries of the map, or that "Turn: Autocenter Map" automatically moves your map off the screen etc.

Definitely appreciate the improvement though.
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

Blog Entries
    If you don't allow players to scroll beyond the edge of the map then they will always know where the edges of the map is. And that gives them metagame knowledge that some folks don't want their players to know.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Surely that should be a DM choice? It wasn't an issue in FGC.

All of the maps in pre-written modules have borders. The players already know where the edge is.

Also, this issue is true for basic images. You share an image, directly from the module in FGC and the window is the perfect size to fit the image. In FGU, you share it and then resize it to hide the borders. There no logical reason to allow infinite scrolling on a small picture of a hobgoblin.
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

A fit to windows option would be nice.

There are already 2 fit to window options available via the right click menu. (Zoom to Fit (fit to longest edge), and Zoom to Fill (fit to shortest edge))

Regards,
    JPG

I moved all games to Unity and everyone is convinced that they need the same possibility as in Classic - the horizontal and vertical border to automatically adjust, instead one or the other, always leading to bleed of the canvas around the image.

I was not aware that this was "workaround" for FGC, but it is damn useful feature.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information