Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    It says TCP/UDP in the Firewall setting. But I've also tried deleting it and setting it as just UDP and the same error occurs.

Gettowario, you mentioned you were on Comcast, you might have a look at the following to see if that could be your issue.

Comcast-XFinity-Cox-and-Shaw-Communications-Users-Important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettowario View Post
    It says TCP/UDP in the Firewall setting. But I've also tried deleting it and setting it as just UDP and the same error occurs.
    Try changing your campaign from Cloud to LAN mode. Port forwarding is only used in LAN mode, not Cloud mode. Then try to load your campaign.

If this doesn't allow you to load your campaign, please compile your logs and attach to this thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Gettowario, you mentioned you were on Comcast, you might have a look at the following to see if that could be your issue.

Comcast-XFinity-Cox-and-Shaw-Communications-Users-Important.
    Thanks for the tip. I did this already though. I disabled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Try changing your campaign from Cloud to LAN mode. Port forwarding is only used in LAN mode, not Cloud mode. Then try to load your campaign.

If this doesn't allow you to load your campaign, please compile your logs and attach to this thread.
    Same error: "[ERROR] Game server connection was lost. Please return to launcher, and start game again." Also, still unable to update.

Same error: "[ERROR] Game server connection was lost. Please return to launcher, and start game again." Also, still unable to update.
    Please compile your logs and attach them here.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Please compile your logs and attach them here.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iuw...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks for that.

So, the main error in the console.log file is:
    Code:
    [9/29/2020 11:45:16 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Unknown ruleset name (5E)
    So we'll need to try and address this at the bottom of this post..

To check if it's just an issue with the 5E ruleset - please try to create a new campaign using just the CoreRPG ruleset, LAN mode. Does this load?

To try to address the unknown ruleset error, we'll need to get the updater working. The main error in the update log file is:
    Code:
    "error":"invalid_pw"
    To try to address this:
    1) Launch FGU.
    2) Click the "Settings" button.
    3) On the "Basic" (first) tab, delete your password and then re-enter your password and click the "Lob In" button - check for a green "Login Succesful!" message below-left of the password field. Once you get this message, click the "Save" button.
    4) Now click the "Update" button.

If the above steps don't work. Try again, but between steps 2 and 3 go to the "Advanced" tab and set the "Build Channel" to live and click save. Then continue from step 2 again.

Thanks for that.

So, the main error in the console.log file is:
    Code:
    [9/29/2020 11:45:16 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Unknown ruleset name (5E)
    So we'll need to try and address this at the bottom of this post..

To check if it's just an issue with the 5E ruleset - please try to create a new campaign using just the CoreRPG ruleset, LAN mode. Does this load?

To try to address the unknown ruleset error, we'll need to get the updater working. The main error in the update log file is:
    Code:
    "error":"invalid_pw"
    To try to address this:
    1) Launch FGU.
    2) Click the "Settings" button.
    3) On the "Basic" (first) tab, delete your password and then re-enter your password and click the "Lob In" button - check for a green "Login Succesful!" message below-left of the password field. Once you get this message, click the "Save" button.
    4) Now click the "Update" button.

If the above steps don't work. Try again, but between steps 2 and 3 go to the "Advanced" tab and set the "Build Channel" to live and click save. Then continue from step 2 again.
    This fixed it. Thank you!

This fixed it. Thank you!
    Great!

Thread Information