STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 14 First 123412 ... Last
    Ok, while playing tonight, trying to upcast the spell. Put 2 in the box, cast Cure Wounds. It marked off a second level slot correctly but only rolled the normal 1st level heal, did not add a dice.

Double checked and can confirm that it will not add the second dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiki Kusuo View Post
    Awesome extension! I really like this! It works great in Unity, but in Classic (for me at least) it is not compatible for Diablo Bob's Critically Awesome Essentials. I have to turn that extension off in Classic in order for it to work. I made sure to download the most updated version of his extension so not sure if I am doing something else wrong.

Feature requests if possible: Have this same functionality apply to PC weapon attacks. Have it apply to NPC weapon attacks and spells. :-)
    Thanks for feedback, unfortunately cannot test with Diablo Bob's extension, since I do not have it. What sorts of error do you get?

As for having same functionality for DM, I am considering it, but cannot promise anything . Will Combat Tracker be the best place for it?

Quote Originally Posted by bwatford View Post
    Ok, while playing tonight, trying to upcast the spell. Put 2 in the box, cast Cure Wounds. It marked off a second level slot correctly but only rolled the normal 1st level heal, did not add a dice.

Double checked and can confirm that it will not add the second dice.
    Well, as mentioned in description, this extension does not automate upcasting of spell effect (only of expending spell slot).
    You have to either add the damage / heal die manually: Shift-click cast action (this will disable casting automation), and then drag heal effect and right-click while dragging (this will add additional heal die).
    You can also create upcasted version of spell (with "@2" in name) and than manually adjust the heal action to reflect upcasted number of dice.

Quote Originally Posted by xelab View Post
    Thanks for feedback, unfortunately cannot test with Diablo Bob's extension, since I do not have it. What sorts of error do you get?

As for having same functionality for DM, I am considering it, but cannot promise anything . Will Combat Tracker be the best place for it?
    Ahh k k. Well I don't get any error messages. The functionality simply does not function when you click on the spell power (Star) icon in Classic. It just lists the name instead of activating the spell automation. For some reason it still works fine in Unity though!

Edit: oops forgot to address your question at the end. Just my opinion, but I usually run NPCs right on the combat tracker so for me yes that would be the best place. Man if this was created along with your instant dice rolls... combat would be so fast! No worries though if it is not possible as I don't know much about FG coding so not sure how much work this is.
    Last edited by Saiki Kusuo; September 27th, 2020 at 19:39.

I can confirm that I have the same issue Saiki. My suggestion is to mention this to Diablo Bob on Rob2E's discord channel and maybe he and xelab can discuss. This extension looks really cool but I do love the CAE extension...

Just posted updated version 1.2 of the extension

New features:
    When upcasting spells, damage and healing should be automatically adjusted. You will have to manually take care of other effects (more targets, more projectiles, duration, etc).
    Bug fix for proper order of actions when targeting multiple creatures.

If you encounter inconsistencies please let me know!
    Last edited by xelab; September 29th, 2020 at 01:36.

Is this FGC compatible? I'm using FGC but my leveled spell slots do not have the star icon.

spells.png

EDIT: scratch that! I was using a sorcerer and didn't have the spells marked as prepared.

This is a fantastic extension, thanks so much for sharing!
    Last edited by anathemort; September 29th, 2020 at 02:15.

Just posted updated version 1.2 of the extension

New features:
    When upcasting spells, damage and healing should be automatically adjusted. You will have to manually take care of other effects (more targets, more projectiles, duration, etc).
    Bug fix for proper order of actions when targeting multiple creatures.

If you encounter inconsistencies please let me know!
    In Unity, with version 1.2 the upcasting still is marking the correct slot off but does not add to healing or damage.

Quote Originally Posted by bwatford View Post
    In Unity, with version 1.2 the upcasting still is marking the correct slot off but does not add to healing or damage.
    There was a bug, when not targeting any creature, it is now fixed in version 1.3.
    Please note that when not targeting anything, all actions after Attack will not be executed (it is regarded as a miss). Same goes for save.
    Last edited by xelab; September 29th, 2020 at 11:52.

There was a bug, when not targeting any creature, it is now fixed in version 1.3.
    Please note that when not targeting anything, all actions after Attack will not be executed (it is regarded as a miss). Same goes for save.
    Hate to keep being the one, but version 1.3 is doing the same, neither healing spells or damage spells is changing on an upcast, neither with or without a target. Tried both by using the upcast box and by the @2 in the spell line.

This is in the latest version of Unity.

Thread Information