5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP, Need 2-3, Weeknight Game WED EST, Pathfinder2, Agents of Edgewatch

FGU License: Ultimate
    Time Zone: EST
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: WED, weekly, 7pm-11pm EST

The group: We are a small, mature, middle aged group (3 including myself) looking to add 2-3 players interested in playing some Pathfinder 2E. Currently planning to start the Agents of Eastwatch AP. We prefer story based campaigns, laden with combats that move the plot forward. I have GM'd DnD 2E&5E, Harnmaster, Mythras and Twilight2000. Have GM'd Pathfinder 2E since it was released, with a recent 6 month gap due to RL. Looking for roleplayers who enjoy the interactions between players, the GM, and the setting. If your style of play is mostly about combat, getting to the next encounter, and adding up your XP and loot, than this group probably isn't for you. We do all of those things, but as a way to progress a story we are all engaged in and intrigued with where it will take us next.

Ruleset Restrictions: I am not a huge fan of "High Fantasy" and feel the 5E and PF rulesets, as written, give the players way too many easy buttons. So my restrictions are designed to make things a little more challenging for the players, while not taking away from balance. This sort of tinkering with the ruleset is fundamental to these RPGs, as the publishers encourage players to create a table they are all happy and engaged with. My table isn't for everyone, and I am ok with that.
    1. Core ancestries only. Though goblin PCs would be a stretch for me. Mostly because for someone to play goblins the way they are in the setting (deadly carnivores with the attention span of a 5 yo) would simply create a huge distraction at the table . Definitely not into talking dragons, birds or cats. Not that I would have a problem with the supposition that such beasts could become sentient, its more of a question of physiology. Human mouths, tongues, throats are shaped the way they are to enable the forming of certain sounds, leading to speech. I can't get past that simple fact when it comes to worldbuilding. This would apply to monsters as well. They may be able to communicate between themselves, as most animals RL do, but talking coherently to humanoids wouldn't be possible. Though high level monsters may manage some rudimentary mental telepathy.
    2. All core and Adv Player's Guide classes allowed. However, I would encourage the players discuss what they want to play during session zero, so the group is balanced and you each choose a class that will complement the adventure path setting (urban investigation). So... an elven ranger wouldn't be a good fit as he would probably want to leave Absolom as quickly as possible, as opposed to becoming a semi-permanent resident.
    3. No psionics
    4. Spell restrictions. I also tend to want higher level magic to come at a cost, to avoid the easy button phenomena. Its easy to be reckless and carefree when you know your fellows can invest in a resurrection scroll or spell and bring your foolhardy butt back to life. I don't like playing that way, preferring a more gritty, "decisions have consequences" style of play. If players really want those options available, than they come at some risk or cost. A resurrection spell may require the sacrificing of another's life, or a teleport spell may run the risk of brain damage (loss of ability points) or other permanent physical damage, just as two examples. Everything is negotiable and I will talk through any abilities/spells that make me want to shake my head with the players before issuing a ruling.

Voice: We play on Discord/Cleanfeed with Syrenscape background sound effects.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Three years running games on FG. Brand new to FGU, but not anticipating any issues beyond random bugs.

About me: Career Army officer, recently retired with 25 years of service. Always been a closet geek, but finally found the door to the closet. Don't have any prejudices against play style, except those that waste everyone's time. Not a voice actor or thespian, nor do I expect anyone in the group to be. Its first and foremost about having a good time and supporting the group dynamic. No hard rules, everything is negotiable, provided you are comfortable with what was laid out about the campaign above.

If interested, send me a PM with any questions.

Hey I would love to be considered for this campaign. I am in my early 30's, Navy vet with a ton of experience with pathfinder and decent experience with PF2E (Currently GMing Extinction Curse on FGU for my buddies.). I biggest thing I look for in a campaign is shared story telling, fun moments and combats that are use to help move the story forward. Reading though you post it sounds like just the type of game I am looking for. I have been GMing for the last few years and have been itching to get into the PC seat. I am very flexible and like to create interesting character concepts that work well with the party and willing to play what is needed. If you still have some spots available please let me know. Look forward to hearing from you.

Hello GreyBeardGunner70:

I am 54 and live on the west coast. I have been getting back into the RPG hobby lately due to more free time and more home time due to Covid. I started looking back into D&D 5e, and came across Pathfinder 2e as well. I love the Pathfinder character creation as I found the choices tended to inspire novel characters, different from each other. I am looking for a group where I can be a player as I have usually been the DM.

My RPG experience began with D&D 1e. In college I volunteered to be the DM for a group of friends that realized we all liked the game. About five years ago I DMed a running game for my nephew (then 15) and two of his friends whenever I was home for the holidays, or his birthday. My interest over the years has changed to align with what you have described, a narrative focus with character growth, AND action, not just video game like 100% action with minor cut scene "role play".

I am new to Pathfinder, but I understand the basics. Same with FGU. I'm watching tutorials and understand the basics of character creation UI in D&D and the battle tracker/combat grid attack and rolling. I also catch on quickly.

I definitely agree with your ideas of how parties should develop organically out of the game world/scenarioo and players involved. I have fun playing pretty much any character that fits in well with the party.

Thanks for posting, and reading let me know if you have any more questions for me

Michael

Disregard
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; October 1st, 2020 at 00:38.

Who is Ghost Rider?

Disregard
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; October 1st, 2020 at 00:39.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    Watch an obscure, barely known movie from the 20th Century (1986 to be exact), called Top Gun. Had this young, upstart, pretty boy actor named Tom Cruise (probably not his real name) in the lead role.
    I think I've seen that one...

So, uh I don't get to join? ;(

If so, please consider holding onto my name and letting me know if a spot should open in the pattern...

Thanks

Disregard
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; October 1st, 2020 at 00:39.

Still looking for another player or two. Please review game synopsis at top of thread. If interested, send a PM.

I sent you a PM to discuss.

Thread Information