DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Issue calculating distances between huge or gargantuan creature tokens on square grid

I'm having trouble with Fantasy Grounds Classic to correctly calculate the distance between creatures when one of them is Huge or Gargantuan. Up to 40 feet it calculates correctly, then it jumps to 185 feet (?) and them by seemingly random values. Everything works fine with medium and large creatures, but for some reason this bug happens with larger creatures. I'm using DnD 5E ruleset, no extension (I created a new campaign to test and the bug persists)

Can you set up a 5E campaign with the tokens placed on a map to show the issue; and then send us a zipped up copy of the campaign folder?

Thanks,
    JPG

Sure! How can I attach the files?

Blog Entries
    Click the "Go Advanced" button when typing your reply and you will then have more options. One of the icons is "Attachments"

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Where?

I tried this before, but I couldn't find an option to attach files. What I am missing? I'm sending a screen shot here: https://i.imgur.com/R5vUlea.jpg

You are using the mobile view of the forum. Go down to the bottom of the page and select one of the other options from the drop down. You'll then see all of the 'Go Advanced' button which will lead you to the screen which allows posts to have attachments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Now it worked! I'm attaching the campaign, just with the map and tokens. Thank you!
    (Just to be clear, it's still not working! What worked was uploading the attachment)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rafael Martins; September 23rd, 2020 at 17:40. Reason: clarify

Can you upload the actual campaign folder zipped up with the tokens placed such that the issue is visible?

Modules do not contain any token placement information; so I wouldn't be able to see the issue, nor would I know what settings you have for your campaign.

Thanks,
    JPG

Okay, sorry I didn't notice that. I tried to do this at first, but the forum doesn't accept the .rar attachment, I can't create a .zip file because I don't have the windows zip. I'm sending the rar file but I renamed it to zip so that the forum accepts it, rename it to rar before unzipping it should work.
    By the way, I'm curious, if you open the map in the module I sent, and put the tokens of a medium creature and a huge or gargantuan yourself, and try the distances beyond 40 feet, will you experience the same bug? I am suspecting that it has something to do with the map, because I tried to replicate the bug with other maps and it works normally. Thank you again!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your rar program likely has the option to save as a zip file.

Thread Information