Starfinder Playlist
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Blog Entries
    And Mage 2 also has Bardic Inspiration?

I tried it with and without. It doesn't seem to matter if either have the BI effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    @ nephranka

I have mocked up your setup to the best of my abilities, using the information provided by your screenshot.
    And.. I still do not get the error. Aargh.

Here is my screenshot of my attempt at duplicating what you've done.
    To on the left side of the image is a copy of the chat window from the screenshot you provided. The rest of the image is portion of my attempt.
    Attachment 55219

I duplicated your Combat Tracker as well as I could. NPCs, targeting, Effects in play and two PC's, Zander, a Bard, and Jinzik, a Warlock (I had to guess, based on Eldritch Blast). I then duplicated the sequence of events as displayed in your Chat. But no error was thrown.

There are some Effects that I had trouble with:
    • Mirror Image - appears to be a custom Effect, but probably just a reminder placeholder, though the subscripting confused me (the Aarakocra has 2, Zander has 1)
    • RCHG - looks like an Advanced Effect (Celestian's fine extension).
    • RETURNDMG - also a place holder? or another Advanced Effect?
    • ADVSAVTYPE - ditto?
    • Spell: (C) - now this one is pretty slick, it just puts the Dragon into Concentration mode (I need to remember this!)

Now another screenshot, an excerpt of FG's console from your screenshot:
    Attachment 55220
    Note that I've marked your Campaign name and a module that I don't have.

Here are a few things I'd like you to try, after you perform one of the steps, please inflict damage on the dragon to see if that's the reason for the thrown error.
    1. Because your campaign is called Test2, I'm assuming you created it just to provide information to me. If not, if it has been around for a while, please delete it's subfolder in the Cashe folder, or just create a new campaign for this next iteration of trying to nail down this error.
    2. Unload the "World - GM" module
    3. Use a real concentration spell from the Player's Handbook, instead of "Spell: (C)", you suggested Bane
    4. Get rid of all Effects on all actors, except for Bardic Inspiration and the concentration Effect (Bane). Maybe eliminate one Effect at a time, applying damage to the dragon, between each deleted Effect.

I'm grabbing at straws here. I have no ideas as to why I can't duplicate the error.

Some things we might try in the future are: providing me with copies of the characters and maybe a special version of BIDI with all sorts of "Debug.console"s in it.

Thanks for your help.
    No worries. I see that my test campaign may have given you reason to pause but really none of those things are the issue. I created a new campaign and used an archmage with fly and recreated a the error. Here is the screen and the campaign if that helps. Note, I gave the PC the fly spell but never used it. I had the NPC cast fly on itself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nephranka; November 24th, 2022 at 00:53.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    No worries. I see that my test campaign may have given you reason to pause but really none of those things are the issue. I created a new campaign and used an archmage with fly and recreated a the error. Here is the screen and the campaign if that helps. Note, I gave the PC the fly spell but never used it. I had the NPC cast fly on itself.
    Finally! An error. I have something to work with. Thanks nephranka for the test campaign.

Finally! An error. I have something to work with. Thanks nephranka for the test campaign.
    No worries.

Blog Entries
    @nephranka did the following ever get resolved for you?

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Thank you for making the request. @Minty23185Fresh, a little background: I was asking the other developer if they could get the request for a save to work with your ext and they would be up for the task but need to see the code to determine what can be done. Anything you can do to assist is greatly appreciated.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-Rolls/page35

@nephranka did the following ever get resolved for you?
    Yep. I think it is all resolved now. Thanks for following up!

Blog Entries
    A new version, v0.0.10, of the Bardic Inspiration Die Implementor (BIDI) has been posted to the Forge.

1. This release fixes the problem first reported by nephranka in July: an error was thrown when the rTarget argument contained a nil value.
    2. It also relaxes the requirement that the Bardic Inspiration Effects have a very precise syntax; additional commenting is now allowed.

Release note details: for those that might care and for my own edification.

1) On July 4, 2022 nephranka (post #52) related that an error was being reported in the console for a nil value in the rTarget argument, of one of BIDI's internal functions. Later, on September 27, rhagelstrom (post #60) confirmed the error. Since then, (posts #60 through #76) they have been instrumental in helping me nail down the cause of the error and then resolve it.
    As it turns out the error is only thrown when an NPC has to make a concentration check for a spell that it cast on itself. For some reason the rTarget argument passed into messageResult( ) by the ruleset is nil. And oddly enough, the error is thrown by a section of code that is performing checks for the presence of the Lucky Feat Effect. This error was introduced by me in the changes I made for version v0.0.9.

2) A year ago ghen (post #30) asked me to "soften" the Bardic Inspiration Die Effect required syntax. At the time I tabled the request, with intentions of addressing it later. I've since realized its true merit and have effected it in this release. Now, one can add notes or comments to the Effect Name. The exact name of the BIDI Effect is still required. For an example of what one might do see ghen's post. Personally, I would use a colon rather than a semi-colon since that's the typical syntax Smithworks uses, e.g., "Combat Inspiration: d8, NPC 60ft, atk, chk, dmg". Note that these are only additional notes or comments and they are completely ignored by BIDI. They do not induce any additional BIDI functionality.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; November 27th, 2022 at 14:45.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Thread Information