DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
    Wow thanks, going to check it out.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    A new version, v0.0.10, of the Bardic Inspiration Die Implementor (BIDI) has been posted to the Forge.

1. This release fixes the problem first reported by nephranka in July: an error was thrown when the rTarget argument contained a nil value.
    2. It also relaxes the requirement that the Bardic Inspiration Effects have a very precise syntax; additional commenting is now allowed.

Release note details: for those that might care and for my own edification.

1) On July 4, 2022 nephranka (post #52) related that an error was being reported in the console for a nil value in the rTarget argument, of one of BIDI's internal functions. Later, on September 27, rhagelstrom (post #60) confirmed the error. Since then, (posts #60 through #76) they have been instrumental in helping me nail down the cause of the error and then resolve it.
    As it turns out the error is only thrown when an NPC has to make a concentration check for a spell that it cast on itself. For some reason the rTarget argument passed into messageResult( ) by the ruleset is nil. And oddly enough, the error is thrown by a section of code that is performing checks for the presence of the Lucky Feat Effect. This error was introduced by me in the changes I made for version v0.0.9.

2) A year ago ghen (post #30) asked me to "soften" the Bardic Inspiration Die Effect required syntax. At the time I tabled the request, with intentions of addressing it later. I've since realized its true merit and have effected it in this release. Now, one can add notes or comments to the Effect Name. The exact name of the BIDI Effect is still required. For an example of what one might do see ghen's post. Personally, I would use a colon rather than a semi-colon since that's the typical syntax Smithworks uses, e.g., "Combat Inspiration: d8, NPC 60ft, atk, chk, dmg". Note that these are only additional notes or comments and they are completely ignored by BIDI. They do not induce any additional BIDI functionality.
    Thank you. The fix is working in my tests.

Thread Information