STAR TREK 2d20
Page 36 of 47 First ... 26343536373846 ... Last
    V1.31 - Feature - added a "Items" and a "Coins" button in Inventory tab left of the coins (had space available). If you click on the Items button then all inventory items marked "Not Carried" will be dropped in a map parcel template token on bottom left of CT map token (chosen as death will drop loot in bottom right). This will only happen if the Drop map parcel template "[MP] DROP" is defined. This works in much the same way as the loot templates so won't cover that here (look up loot mechanism only diff is name of templates). If you select Coins button then all coins will be dropped just like Items button. If the "[DROP] <name>" token that is created by these buttons already exists then it will simply add to that map parcel without recreating it. These are GM only buttons as I don't want players accidentally or intentionally creating tons of bags all over the place - I control when they drop stuff. As long as their inventory items are set to "Not Carried" they will be dropped when the DM double clicks on the Items button. Coins button will always just drop all of them.

Obviously this is a powerful tool - you can play around with it to figure out how to use it. DM only inventory buttons so players can't litter your map with garbage. Did not spend any time on aesthetics for these buttons just jammed them in inventory screen where there was some space. If others use that space in their extensions it may overlap so heads up this was a quick and dirty interface as the code was a pain to get working as I wanted.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Also, unlike Death Loot drop which will do nothing if a map parcel of the same name exists "[LOOT] <name>" that you may have forgotten to delete or something - the "[DROP] <name>" map parcel will just keep putting things into it when you double click on Items (not carried items) and Coins (all coins). So don't wonder "hey I don't see the bag in lower left!". It means you did this sometime before someplace else and never resolved it. So beware - the LOOT/DROP map parcel name is not unique to each drop - only to the CT entry name.

So if you have a magic spell that can just teleport your "stuff" to some chest in some home base - I suppose you can just hit Items and to drop it once then leave and anything dropped after will... of course - go there. Just tools here - what you do to hurt/help yourself is up to you.

If you want to keep a [LOOT] or [DROP] named parcel around longer than the next death or items double click - just rename them to something unique. Then it won't be "found" by either mechanism and it will make something new.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; November 10th, 2021 at 23:14.

V1.32 - Feature - added option "Display Drop Items and Coins buttons" defaulted to "on". This is so that if V1.31 "Items" and "Coins" buttons in Inventory cause any kind of conflict with some other extension they can be displayed or not immediately simply by turning this option on or off.

V1.33 - Bug - New buttons in V1.32 were being mistakenly displayed on player side. Fixed.

V1.34 - Feature - Added new option to prevent PCs from dropping a loot parcel "No PC loot parcels" if "PC or NPC death drops parcel" option is on.

I would never turn this option on as if a PC is dead it should drop everything to let other PCs or NPCs snag it. But some don't want that and I don't see harm in providing option as its easy to do.

V1.35 - Bug - Parsing for NPC addition of weapons from the NPC main page does not work unless the text is just so. Fixed how I put NPC main page text for weapon additions by insuring that attack/damage is the very first text and if Melee and Thrown it will repeat the attack/dam as ranged with the proper modifiers. FGU still won't parse it correctly for any 2nd attacks (ranged from thrown) but will parse it correctly in the CT actions for the NPC. This parsing will work (or not for 2nd ranged damage) the same as RAW FGU does now.

This is more visible when you are using the NPC relevant options and equipped effects extension with an inventory of weapons on NPC that is equipped and unequipped. Most users won't ever use or notice this stuff. I do.

Not sure of the full conflict yet, but this extension: Fantasy Grounds NPC Random Treasure Drops, looks like it puts buttons in the same place as yours and when I turn the extension off, those boxes DO go away.
    However, I am still investigating because I cannot yet get the buttons or the image slot for a chest to come back using your extension yet, so there may be further issues.

Quote Originally Posted by razzed1 View Post
    Not sure of the full conflict yet, but this extension: Fantasy Grounds NPC Random Treasure Drops, looks like it puts buttons in the same place as yours and when I turn the extension off, those boxes DO go away.
    However, I am still investigating because I cannot yet get the buttons or the image slot for a chest to come back using your extension yet, so there may be further issues.
    are you looking at the Random Treasure Parcel or the Parcel? Parcels will have the icon and buttons for Map Parcel, while the Random Treasure Parcel will not, and will have a "generate" button.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; January 9th, 2022 at 17:46.

Let me load the screenshots. The first one is with your extension active (Random Treasure Parcels) with a normal, already premade parcel. The second one is the same parcel after turning off the random parcel extension.
    Screenshot_61.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by razzed1 View Post
    Let me load the screenshots. The first one is with your extension active (Random Treasure Parcels) with a normal, already premade parcel. The second one is the same parcel after turning off the random parcel extension.
    Screenshot_61.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg
    looks as though the map parcels extension features aren't showing in either image. is it showing in the chat log as loaded?

Thread Information