DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 48 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    I missed the NPC sharing part of the procedure. Will try that, thanks. How do you make an NPC public? Not by right clicking it.

I got map parcels and polymorphism by the way (and assistant GM, but that one should not be needed).
    I was saying you don't need any of my stuff to do the sharing. Party sheet can be used to put things in and take things out as a common place to do your "loot". Whatever is left you just sell. Why do you need a mule to have it? Now if you have my stuff then you know what I do - I have one player running the pack animal (NPC mule) that they put any gear into that nobody is actively carrying. This is because I don't like the party sheet inventory when its like some magic bag of holding that can't be attacked, has no weight, and can be accessed at any time. For sure if you have a "home base" you'd put a Map Parcel in the map and then only share it to that player (by default placing a map parcel makes it public - you can clear that and drop the parcel on the player portrait to only share it with them).

Remember, my stuff is just a tool. There are no realistic limits on how you choose to use it. I even have a thread on RAW FGU (none of my extensions) on sharing DB stuff to players instead of making it public to all of them.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...pp)&highlight=

Gist being - I don't think you need any of my stuff to create a place your players can store stuff or grab stuff and put in and take out. Home base is best option for that. Public parcel or shared parcel. Or just use the party sheet inventory and be done with it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

It seems you don't share the individual NPC, but the NPC archtype. I was trying to share the NPC on the Combat Tracker.

Thanks again, I'm going to sleep on it, since I seen to be confusing options. I'll try later with both a public parcel and public NPC.

It seems you don't share the individual NPC, but the NPC archtype. I was trying to share the NPC on the Combat Tracker.

Thanks again, I'm going to sleep on it, since I seen to be confusing options. I'll try later with both a public parcel and public NPC.
    Yeah I'm totally confused based on this response to what I suggested. I'll leave it to you to figure out.

Ok something that surprised me was that while I can drag parcels and individual items out of unlocked parcel into a character sheet and back into parcel - but as player I can't drag an unlocked parcel into a partysheet or into another parcel or partysheet into a parcel. This annoys me. I'm going to investigate if there is some reason I can't code this to support this as it makes no sense to me that I can drag stuff into a character sheet and into party sheet or out of it - or into a parcel or out of it but that I can't directly move them between the non charsheets if they are unlocked map parcels.

I'll know tomorrow if there was some limiting reason I can't support this. Because if there is not.... It really annoyed me to have to move things out of a parcel into party sheet for players - if they have access I'd prefer they manage that themselves. This may been what Milmoor was trying to tell me. I understand now (after suffering it in my game myself).

My messaging could have been clearer, sorry about that. Things I take from it:
    - use a map parcel for storing things at home or another fixed location
    - use an NPC for storing things en route
    - I don't get NPC sharing yet, need to investigate more, will read your linked thread
    - PCs and DMs have different options in what they can transfer from what to what
    - FG expects the GM to do all the work (/boo)
    - if I had a long day, I need to sleep on it before posting conclusions, the premises might be wrong and my reactions will be off
    Last edited by Milmoor; March 9th, 2021 at 07:24.

V1.22 - New Feature - allow player to mass move inventory into partysheet or unlocked map parcel they have access too (dragging portrait link on charsheet into them). This should now allow free movement of inventory's between charsheet/partysheet/parcel where the player has access to them. To block access to a parcel you just use the lock button. They always had single item drag to partysheet before so only change there is that they can now drag in everything at once.

This feature update has me a little nervous so I'd appreciate someone testing this to make sure I've not wrecked anything. Basically the player now has the ability to fully transfer things between charsheet/partsheet/parce inventories that they have access too. Because I had to open up some previously closed off logic paths to the player I just want a thorough beating on this to make sure it has not somehow done something bizarre. Always a RISK with extensions.

Had to reload into DMsG as did not have the V1.22 info in it.

Thank you, that's good news. Will test with a copy of my campaign. Not promising for today though, plans aren't fixed yet.

A few things:
    • The filename from the DMSguild download changed, but you build in a check: "You have multiple copies of 5E (and more) - Map Parcel FGU active". Very useful. I have a MapParcel.ext from today the 9e, and a Map_Parcel_Extension_(Fantasy_Grounds_Unity).ext from the 6e.
    • Dragging from/to the party sheet looks good.
    • It looks as I can't drag the token from a map parcel to a map as a GM?!Can't drag the default icon. Can drag a token I added to the parcel myself.
    • The button for Transferring or Copying the content doesn't work. Hadn't seen it before. Tested with the previous version from 6-3, also not responding. It's theme depended. Does work without theme, does not work with the DND official one.
    • Dragging between parcels and from PC worked OK. Can't drag from parcel to PC. Get an Empty entry with two items.

Hope this helps. I did test this yet with all my other extensions off as well.
    Last edited by Milmoor; March 9th, 2021 at 20:13. Reason: Done for now.

A few things:
    • The filename from the DMSguild download changed, but you build in a check: "You have multiple copies of 5E (and more) - Map Parcel FGU active". Very useful. I have a MapParcel.ext from today the 9e, and a Map_Parcel_Extension_(Fantasy_Grounds_Unity).ext from the 6e.
    • Dragging from/to the party sheet looks good.
    • It looks as I can't drag the token from a map parcel to a map as a GM?!
    • The button for Transfering or Copying the content doesn't work. Hadn't seen it before. Tested with the previous version from 6-3, also not responding.

Going to test parcel transfer with a copied campaign. Work in progress.
    There is ONLY one copy of MapParcel.ext - what DMsG names the silly thing is up to them and nothing to do with me.

You should only ever have one version in your extensions directory and I name mine MapParcel.ext - current version when you come up is 1.22 - anything else and that is not correct.

Dragging the Map Parcel sheet token (providing you have a token dropped in there) works just fine.

The transfer (by default) and copy button works just fine also.

Really you will need to understand from past posts and descriptions how these things work before you try them. I suspect you didn't bother to put an asset token into your map parcel sheet tokenfield - and that you didn't test the transfer/copy by having whatever state set then trying to drag an item or link to something else and seeing if it got removed (transfer) or left there (copy).

I tested all these things after you said they did not work - and they worked fine.

Thread Information