DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 46 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranDob View Post
    I think the update worked. When LOS map is zoomed out I cannot see the parcels now. Thanks.
    No problem thanks for checking it out.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Looks like sometime in the last week something in FGU changed where the map parcel token now places invisible to the players and is only ever visible when its set to visible always (which means you can see it on the map no matter where it is).

I'm trying to find out from FG what changed and what I need to do to get it working again. In mean time after you place the token you will have to set the always visible right mouse visibility option on it - which means they can see it anywhere. A pain but I don't have much choice here until I find out what actually changed and how I need to adapt to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Looks like sometime in the last week something in FGU changed where the map parcel token now places invisible to the players and is only ever visible when its set to visible always (which means you can see it on the map no matter where it is).

I'm trying to find out from FG what changed and what I need to do to get it working again. In mean time after you place the token you will have to set the always visible right mouse visibility option on it - which means they can see it anywhere. A pain but I don't have much choice here until I find out what actually changed and how I need to adapt to it.
    This was a bug introduced in the last week in FGU and will be fixed in the next release. WHEW! Not me!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    This was a bug introduced in the last week in FGU and will be fixed in the next release. WHEW! Not me!
    Fixed in latest FGU release v4.0.4

Not sure if something in last patch of FGU made something I had start working and revealed a bug or not - but I've fixed what I thought was a mistake in the host side of things where the combination of read only (upper right lock icon) and Locked Parcel button were not behaving properly. If token not placed in map then it should only respect the readonly lock icon as a normal parcel would.

V1.8 - When host the read only flag and locked parcel button were not being properly respected. You should be able to add/move nothing when readonly and locked parcel. If either are set in host then it should be able to add/move stuff - but only remove items when not readonly.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 14th, 2020 at 00:29.

Hi,

i'm trying to have a parcel in a player inventory and on the players side they can't drag and drop item from the parcel. it is always lock on the player side. On the DM side i have unlock it. do i mist something?

Sans titre.png

regards

Quote Originally Posted by plap3014 View Post
    Hi,

i'm trying to have a parcel in a player inventory and on the players side they can't drag and drop item from the parcel. it is always lock on the player side. On the DM side i have unlock it. do i mist something?

Sans titre.png

regards
    Not sure what you mean. A parcel in FGU is essentially a self contained inventory. In map parcel this can have a token representation on the map which is accessible to players when host has it unlocked in map per video. Players have there own inventory as do NPCs with this extension. You can move things in and out between map parcels, PCs, NPCs, and party sheet inventories as host. Also as player if parcel is unlocked by host.

I have a similar question. On the Grim Press video on p1, around 5:38, they mention a player who has a bag of holding that's set up as a parcel to contain things.

I tried this by creating an item called (x)'s bag of holding, and then creating a parcel called (x)'s bag of holding. On the item, I put a link (pin) for the parcel. When I (as gm) look at their character sheet I can click the item, click the parcel, and open it. The player told me that they can't see into the parcel. Any ideas why?

Screenshot 2021-01-09 224539.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    I have a similar question. On the Grim Press video on p1, around 5:38, they mention a player who has a bag of holding that's set up as a parcel to contain things.

I tried this by creating an item called (x)'s bag of holding, and then creating a parcel called (x)'s bag of holding. On the item, I put a link (pin) for the parcel. When I (as gm) look at their character sheet I can click the item, click the parcel, and open it. The player told me that they can't see into the parcel. Any ideas why?

Screenshot 2021-01-09 224539.jpg
    Same answer, I'm not sure what you mean. FGU has a parcel. It has not changed. My extension gives that parcel the ability to be placed on a map - accessed by the player if the map parcel is unlocked by the host - with additional abilities to move things between parcel, part sheet inventory, PC inventory and NPC inventory.

I'm still not sure what you guys are asking me. Are you asking how FGU parcel works? Personally, I've never dropped a link to a parcel into an item - then dropped that item into an inventory. Obviously, I've read about people doing it (in FGU raw) and obviously the grim press person who does the video does that sort of thing also. But I suppose if I had to guess - like most things in FGU - you have to have the things shared if someone has to have access to it - made public. I assume that is what you are asking me? Why does FGU require you to make something public to get access to it from the player side?

Answer: because they want to lock down the player except in specific instances.

Now, if you want to ask me something about the MAP and how I place the parcel in it and grant access to the player or not? That is a completely different question. And something my code does.

As far as the specific reference in the video? As far as I can tell he's talking about one of his players (before my extension) had a bag of holding mapped into their inventory. And that they had a bunch of stuff in it. Now they can move things in and out of the map parcel chest they have on the map instead of using that. How you can give a player access to an FGU parcel that you may have linked into an item? Make it public I suppose. But then its accessible by everyone if they have the link or look it up in parcel.

Gist is I'm not really sure how all that FGU slight of hand with items/parcel links etc. are done as I've never done it. Nor does it have anything to do with this extension - at least as I've used it.

[As you got me curious how people do this I tried creating a parcel (without my extension) - then made a copy of "bag of holding" item and I added the link to the parcel into it. Then dropped in players inventory. As expected they could not even open the link. I then made the parcel public - and the player could access it. Then I activated my extension - the only difference being they could not access the parcel even when it was public unless I unlocked the map parcel. As designed. But as I said - pure FGU on this parcel in an item link and how to access it. Never done it till now, interesting, but nothing to do with my stuff.]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 9th, 2021 at 15:24.

Thread Information