FGCon2021
Page 29 of 29 First ... 19272829
    Quote Originally Posted by Arghun View Post
    Not sure this is possible (or should I say how hard it would be to implement) but here it is:

I'd like to see the following behaviour on NPC death:

- reuse the NPC token as map parcel token
    - remove the NPC from the combat tracker (hence removing the NPC token from the map)

That way it would feel more 'natural': the NPC looks like it's still there, its 'body' contains the parcel (that might or might not be empty).

Why the change:

- less clutter on the map
    - feels more natural, right now when I set NOT to drop any empty parcel my players easily understand which monster to loot or not. If I want them to be 'surprised' then I have parcels all over the map for large fights and it's a great experience to see all those 'loot' bags on the map (even less when they're empty). If I turn on Don't drop on empty parcel then it's less clutter but also removes some of the decision making process from players (and hence less roleplay immersion I feel).

BTW if you can make it work/reuse some polymorphism function I don't mind it to be a dependency to have that functionality working (if that can help at all, not sure about it), it would also create in incentive for DMs to purchase your poly extension

Another thing I'd love to see is the ability to set other skills/stats checks in order to unlock the parcel.
    Let me explain: party kills a beast, I'd like to be able to set a nature/survival DC to skin the beast or an Investigation or Arcana DC so that I can determine whether they find something on a body. A drop down box to list the skill would be great to have when creating the parcel!

Thanks for all your great extensions!
    The only rule in getting me to change my extensions is to convince me I want to use the changes. I'm afraid I for sure do not want these changes in my games. Here is why:

1) I use Death Indicator Extension (free) to have PC/NPC tokens change to tombstone(s) (or whatever I have loaded in assets for that) when all death saving throws have failed - dead dead. As my players often make mistakes and I have to "bring something back to life" I don't want to expend any effort on it. With this I simply reset the HP and the token automatically resets back to regular token. I have no desire to ever not notice DEAD things in CT or Map by a simple glance. Leaving their tokens as they were is a non starter for me. Plus they regularly have me unclutter CT and Map by deleting the tombstones (NPC) when we are sure they are really dead.
    2) Map Parcel drops any token - a pillar of salt - rubble - stone statue - whatever image you used into bottom right of the dead dead PC/NPC. I use a bag image myself. If you want to define specific loot parcel template for each CT entry or a given type - more power to you. But I'm not going to lose my ability in recovering something easily when they are dead by mistake. Which currently involves simply setting the HP back to what they should be and dragging the parcel sheet link into the PC/NPC inventory to put everything back which auto deletes the parcel (because I define loot parcels that way as I suggested you all do).
    3) If I wish to have something else to unlock the parcel I simply tell them to roll that skill. Either way you have to unlock the parcel yourself when you feel they have opened it. I'm only providing the generic stuff to do this that I personally use on a regular basis.

That in a nutshell is why I don't want to do this. I have to really want something to expend the energy to code it. Sorry.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; Yesterday at 16:00.

Yeah, I'm all up for immersion and user friendliness.

For me having the monster have the 'loot' in its body/token seems great. Whatever that means in terms of implementation. Since I'm not the developer I don't have anything to say about what will come into the extension (product). I'm just a customer nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Arghun View Post
    Yeah, I'm all up for immersion and user friendliness.

For me having the monster have the 'loot' in its body/token seems great. Whatever that means in terms of implementation. Since I'm not the developer I don't have anything to say about what will come into the extension (product). I'm just a customer nothing else.
    Then just do what you said you wanted to do. Make an "[MP] LOOT <type>" parcel and drop the token you want in it. For example, I have a group of NPC orcs. I make a loot template parcel of "[MP] LOOT humanoid (orc)" and drop in an image I've made that is of a dead orc. Every time an orc dies it drops a map parcel in the form of a dead orc for things that match "humanoid (orc)" type in the DB. You can see Type by unlocking the NPC sheet or just the middle text in the description. Then when I'm sure the orc is dead with no mistakes - you delete it off the CT/map leaving the dead orc map parcel. Which if you have the option to allow empty drops will have nothing or its inventory if it had anything. You could do that for any NPC type or specific CT entry name, like "[MP] LOOT orc 12" or something - whatever matches the CT name.

Gist being - you can do what you wanted. You just have to go do it.

Thread Information