DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[BUG 3.5e/PF1] ATK effects on next roll and full attack

Hi

Some discord users made me aware of some bug (thanks to Urheil and Andres):

A player gives themself a ATK: 1 effect which expires on next roll. Expected behaviour with clicking on the full attack button: Only the first attack gets the bonus, but not all the others.

When the GM rolls the attack, then it works correctly.

When the player rolls the full attack, then the bonus gets applied to all attacks and you can see the following error message in the chat of the GM

It looks like that the effect can not be immediately removed when the player rolls the full attack (it is important that it is the full attack), hence, the bonus gets applied to all rolls As a workaround the GM can roll (not really desirable), or one rolls each attack separately

Best,

Kelrugem
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 20th, 2020 at 14:58.

Sometimes the error does not appears but the effect rolling as GM it works fine but rolling as a player keeps applying the effect in full attack.
    The results on the full attack must be: +8/+1
    GM:
    Gmroll.PNG

Player:
    pcroll.PNG

Thank you for the report. Will see what might be causing this issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Thank you for the report. Will see what might be causing this issue.
    Thank you

superteddy57 and I investigated this. The good news is that we understand the issue. The bad news is that it's a issue at a very low-level; and requires a re-design of effect and roll handling to acknowledge that players can't delete effects in the middle of rolls. (i.e. they can delete effects; but it's asynchronous via request to GM machine and completes after rolls all triggered.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    superteddy57 and I investigated this. The good news is that we understand the issue. The bad news is that it's a issue at a very low-level; and requires a re-design of effect and roll handling to acknowledge that players can't delete effects in the middle of rolls. (i.e. they can delete effects; but it's asynchronous via request to GM machine and completes after rolls all triggered.)

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for the answer

Oh, I see; well, there is at least the workaround to roll single dice when having such an effect To avoid that issue as player

ohhhh

Thanks for looking into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Urheil View Post
    ohhhh

Thanks for looking into this.
    we just need to wait a bit longer At some point it is hopefully fixed

I don't know how it is the design... but i'll throw this in case it's useful:
    - a flag to see if the effect applies. it will maintain the effect until the end of the round but it will

Thread Information