5E Character Create Playlist

base.xml problem? Where is it?

I was working on my custom ruleset for a while. I then loaded up the d20 ruleset in a diff. campaign to see what latest changes were to that ruleset. But I get an error that says "Could not load rulset root file base.xml. Do you want to try reloading the data?" I can click yes until my finger goes numb and the same message keeps appearing.

Did I do something wrong to cause this? Where is this base.xml located? I don't see if anywhere... or perhaps that's the problem. Perhaps I inadvertantly deleted it. If so, how can I get it back?

Thanks!

You should have this file in your ruleset folder. If you extract the d20 ruleset into the examples folder, you should have the d20 version of the file in there. Depending on the extent of your modifications, you might be ok just copying the d20 version to your own ruleset.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

Hmmm. I'm confused I guess. The problem is not with my custom ruleset but with the d20 ruleset. It's my understanding that in FG2, the d20 ruleset isn't inside the ruleset directory. I've never seen it in the ruleset dir before. Should I be unpacking the example d20 ruleset each time FG udpates and putting the into the ruleset folder? That certainly fixes the problem... but this step isn't needed is it?

No FG2 like FG1 does not actually use the unpacked ruleset. It is just an example to show how you could make a ruleset.

base.xml error...

I am having this same problem, I unpacked the d20 example, copied the contents into a new folder C:\Users\lee\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\lbv.

I opened up the folder and made sure that the base.xml exists, as well as all of the files that it wants to include.

The ONLY thing I changed, was I added some new tokens into the tokens folder underneath the Ruleset.. here is what the base.xml looks like.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="2.0">
    	<includefile source="bmpfonts.xml" />
    	<includefile source="graphics.xml" />

<includefile source="gameelements.xml" />

<includefile source="common_templates.xml" />

<includefile source="charsheet.xml" />
    	<includefile source="adventure.xml" />
    	<includefile source="utility.xml" />
    	<includefile source="library.xml" />
    	<includefile source="reference.xml" />

<includefile source="desktop.xml" />

<desktopframe>desktop</desktopframe>

<script name="ChatManager" file="scripts/chatmanager.lua" />
    	<script name="GmIdentityManager" file="scripts/gmidentitymanager.lua" />
    	<script name="ModifierStack" file="scripts/modifierstack.lua" />
    	<script name="ExportManager" file="scripts/exportmanager.lua" />
    	<script name="WindowManager" file="scripts/windowmanager.lua" />

<tokenroot source="tokens" />
    </root>
    This is unchanged from the unpacked version, then I created a new campaign using this ruleset, and I as the DM can load the ruleset just fine and edit my campaign. But whenever a player tries to join they get the message that the base.xml file didnt exist... please help.

Thread Information