FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

MGT2E Ruleset for FG turns a year old today!

Afternoon All,

It was a year ago today that SmiteWorks released the MGT2E ruleset for FG.

It's been quite a ride!

So in the first Calendar year you've been lucky (or unlucky enough) to have been given access to nearly 20 official products, plus some extensions and modules by other players.

You've had 10 major updates to the ruleset plus a few minor/hotfix.

And in the near future we'll have Spacecraft Combat and access to the High Guard book for details on dozens of extra Spacecraft.

None of this would be possible without you, so I want to thank you all.

I'm sorry that at times RL has got in the way and that you have to wait longer than I hoped for some things. I can't help that, but I think you'll agree that I do this in my spare time and so it's a decent amount of work, plus in the last 12 months I've also built the Vampire ruleset (with Luthbel), and been working on some more Call of Cthulhu products. Those will soon come to an end, as my focus will be on Traveller/2300AD and RuneQuest.

Anyway, cheers to you all! And I hope you'll continue to travel the stars with me.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Congratulations on the millstone!

I have to say the functionality of the ruleset is so much more sophisticated and advanced than when it first came out. I really appreciate all the hard work you put into it.

Here's to more anniversaries!

congrats and keep up the good work mbm!

Thanks MBM.

You're doing a great job. The more I use the ruleset the more I appreciate it. Don't neglect work life balance, games can wait when real life happens. Looking forwards to further developments.

R.

Well done, MBM, well done!
    What a great ruleset, and it's still growing!

Happy Birthday for yesterday!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Afternoon All,

It was a year ago today that SmiteWorks released the MGT2E ruleset for FG.

It's been quite a ride!

So in the first Calendar year you've been lucky (or unlucky enough) to have been given access to nearly 20 official products, plus some extensions and modules by other players.

You've had 10 major updates to the ruleset plus a few minor/hotfix.

And in the near future we'll have Spacecraft Combat and access to the High Guard book for details on dozens of extra Spacecraft.

None of this would be possible without you, so I want to thank you all.

I'm sorry that at times RL has got in the way and that you have to wait longer than I hoped for some things. I can't help that, but I think you'll agree that I do this in my spare time and so it's a decent amount of work, plus in the last 12 months I've also built the Vampire ruleset (with Luthbel), and been working on some more Call of Cthulhu products. Those will soon come to an end, as my focus will be on Traveller/2300AD and RuneQuest.

Anyway, cheers to you all! And I hope you'll continue to travel the stars with me.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Impressive resume for someone working in their spare time... you are doing great work and work that matters to we gamers who rely on the escape it provides for us to have a work life play balance. I hpe you are well compensated. Cheers,

two thumbs up from this Traveller GM.

Your work is the reason we chose FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    two thumbs up from this Traveller GM.

Your work is the reason we chose FGU.
    Actually. this has been our reason as well. Without MBM I would probably have used other tools for GMing Traveller (and my players,too)

It’s unlikely my group would be using FGU if it were not for your MGT2e rule set MBM. The three of you are doing a great job and I hope the rule set continues to grow and evolve as it has in the time I’ve been using it.
    Last edited by rcruk; November 3rd, 2020 at 20:38.

Thread Information