STAR TREK 2d20

First session in Unity

Thoughts

Love it in general, frustrated by a few things. Token Locking was not quite the issue I thought it would be but there are some things that could improve or be added ( or fixed )

Targeting was an issue for some of my players, I ended up having to target for them

My players would occasionally have more than one copy of their token ( I know this is being worked on )

Line of sight, Is there a way to make a wall that you cannot cross by keyboard movement but can see across? ( side of a bridge, glass window, a cliff that you can see someone on top of but cannot climb etc )

Fonts, we need to be able to make larger fonts without changing UI scale ( I know this is being worked on )

Is there a way, or can there be in the future that limits a characters vision by their abilities, how far the can see, if they can see in the dark, or if they can only so many feet? ( I realize that is asking a lot )

All in all we did enjoy the session, and look forward to the next, we are continuing in Unity

Quote Originally Posted by DwightLee View Post
    Thoughts

Love it in general, frustrated by a few things. Token Locking was not quite the issue I thought it would be but there are some things that could improve or be added ( or fixed )

Targeting was an issue for some of my players, I ended up having to target for them

My players would occasionally have more than one copy of their token ( I know this is being worked on )

Line of sight, Is there a way to make a wall that you cannot cross by keyboard movement but can see across? ( side of a bridge, glass window, a cliff that you can see someone on top of but cannot climb etc )
    I think you could use a terrain type feature. I believe you can 'lock' those, but I am not certain.

LoS Videos, these might help you get what you are after.

Fonts, we need to be able to make larger fonts without changing UI scale ( I know this is being worked on )
    I do not believe anything is being done with this as Scaleui is the method to change the font size. The reason for this is because if you scale the fonts separate from the UI, the text could overrun the text boxes so it would be worse off to read.

There are a couple of extensions that will modify the fonts slightly, but I forget what they are.

Is there a way, or can there be in the future that limits a characters vision by their abilities, how far the can see, if they can see in the dark, or if they can only so many feet? ( I realize that is asking a lot )
    This is actually on the wish list right now, you can vote for it there.

On Fonts I was able to do it in classic, was using a 14 point font without changing the UI scale, need that ability in Unity.

On Fonts I was able to do it in classic, was using a 14 point font without changing the UI scale, need that ability in Unity.
    The ability is still there - load an extension that changes the font, just like in FGC. Use an extension that has been created/updated with a format that is Unity compatible (primarily TTF).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Dynamic lighting is one of the first features which are targeted for after release

What problems did you have with targeting? That is exactly the same as in FGC; when you had some bugs there, then it would be good to have a separate bug report for this, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Dynamic lighting is one of the first features which are targeted for after release

What problems did you have with targeting? That is exactly the same as in FGC; when you had some bugs there, then it would be good to have a separate bug report for this, I think
    I wish I could give more information on that, it was one of my players reporting the issue, I was not having it. I will try to get more information next session

I wish I could give more information on that, it was one of my players reporting the issue, I was not having it. I will try to get more information next session
    One of my players also has issues, but it is a PEBCAK type thing. He double clicks, so instantly selects then unselects, or forgets to click his token first or..... He has been using FGU for 5 weeks and I have found it just quicker to do it for him. Ask your player to use the targeting symbols on top of map, they might find it easier than CTRL- clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldAndy View Post
    One of my players also has issues, but it is a PEBCAK type thing. He double clicks, so instantly selects then unselects, or forgets to click his token first or..... He has been using FGU for 5 weeks and I have found it just quicker to do it for him. Ask your player to use the targeting symbols on top of map, they might find it easier than CTRL- clicking.
    That would not surprise me, I will suggest that

Found the issue, it was a player that had not moved and there was a duplicate of his character token on the battlemap under his token

Thread Information