Starfinder Playlist

A Novice Game Of Dice (New DM & FGU User)

Hello to all! I'd like to announce to players new and old! A game I've been planning for quite awhile, having been interested in this hobby for about three years and with all my friends scattered throughout the (United) Kingdom! Any hope of having a game especially with this Coronavirus is been a no go! But interested I have been and as tradition when no one else is interested I throughout the years have anointed myself as Dungeon Master and have become quite fluent with the rules. Having bought Fantasy Grounds Unity and the necessary modules for it I hope to start a game that I could never of played the analogue way!

I' am confident in my ability to use this software. But I must be honest! If I'm going to do this and knowing how wild the internet can be I'm going to list some caveats! all I ask is If you disagree is to know I'm not your cup of tea and move on. I believe this hobby is big enough for all sorts to prosper and I'm " All sorts ".

1) This game will be in a Adam and Eve style, traditional in every sense and kept to a very PG-13 standard when these issues arise. Please understand that D&D is a collaborative social contract and I as a DM and a person am allowed the right to be in a social contract where values I deem Tranquil exist.

2) Roleplaying will be healthy and respected and shall not be abused! For all those who believe that D&D is a "Safe space" where the person can use their Character as a Avatar to express some supressed fantasy well this game is not for you! This is a Game! Not therapy!

3) I love D&D modules! And think they're a great template to make a homebrew from! If any person thinks that "Dream theatre" DM-ing is the only way to play, where like a failed comedy routine I make content simply from the whims of strangers. Then I strongly disagree! A DM shouldn't need the validation of strangers just to make a module or premise they should strike while their creative iron is hot as it were! However if people stay in the game long enough ( if the campaign expands ) and they're able to make stories that complement the narrative and give me the time. I should be able to as my skill as a DM expands incorporate their stories in a meaningful way.

For those who are interested in my campaign these are the Homebrew Modifiers I'll be wishing to incorporate.
    1) From the DMG I will be using the Healing Surge rules but a player can only activate this ability when they're below 20% health.

2) I will be doing my best! but Initiative Stealing will be a feature, Players you can use spells like suggestion or performance checks to steal a targets initiative for 1d4 rounds or you can boost morale with a performance check to lend your initiative to an ally for 1d4 rounds. Any class or enemy can use this feature but it might have restrictions for those immune to the charmed condition.

3) Instead of Inspiration I will be rewarding Luck Points when rewarded roll a d4 that's how many luck points you have! The maximum you can have is 12 Luck Points Which can be used for your attack or ability rolls.

4) All natural flight "aarakocra's" is considered concentration and you will plummet if you fail you can make a Dexterity Saving Throw to land and avoid being made Prone the DC is 10 +2 for every 10ft you fall if you succeed you take half the fall damage and aren't made Prone.

5) Force Push Casting you can as cast a spell as a Action and a Bonus Action if allowed to be. This is known as Force Push Casting! each time you do this you must roll a Wild magic die on a 1 a Wild Magic Surge will happen. If you continue to do this for consecutive rounds you will roll the Wild Magic Die with Disadvantage.

If anyone is interested in the game they can message for other details I am running a 5 person game ( 1 DM+ 5 People ) on Wednesday the 23rd of September at 6.00PM GMT (UK)

New to 5e and FG, but 20+ years of RPG time. Would love to get back into it. Dwarven cleric or a halfling thief would be my choice PC, but willing to fill the gap...except for a bard...or an elf!!! let me know.

Hello Krakkakilla 20 years experience is 20 years welcome! Hope you don't mind playing with any greenhorns (me included) my game is open to all regardless of experience! I'm green but I got confidence haha! As for your class well this might be a red flag for some but I don't mind the team composition! You have to understand my heart belongs to the arcade era, you bought the game, you select your character and you chuck your social 2 cents in then POW that's it! (As long as you don't exploit the bugs E.G power-gaming) the problem with that is I want the game to be balanced for the team not just for you =p. So yeah I'm pretty generous. If you need to know what you can play with and have the material these are the sources you can play around with that I have available on my FGU.

1) Players Hand Book
    2) Volo's guide to Monsters
    3) Midgard Heroes Handbook for 5th Edition
    4) EBERRON: RISING FROM THE LAST WAR
    5) Explorer's Guide to Wildemount ( I Haven't read it but still available )
    6) Unearthed Arcana ( Has to be approved before use as some classes are OP)

Anyway I hope you can join let me know if this game is for you. If you don't have the modules you can use my game room to make your character as the host can share the player options with other players. I'm still a bit new to this but when I find out how to private message and you want to join I can send you my Discord User.
    Last edited by Galvalion; September 18th, 2020 at 20:41.

I would like to join. I am not new to D&D, but am most familiar with 3.5, so still learning/memorizing the details of 5e. (like death mechanics and exactly what sort of things would lead to (dis)advantage...) Also very new to Fantasy Grounds so watching all of the Tutorials I can get my hands on. (just found out about FG University)

I most like to play (Human or Half-Elf) Wizards, Rogues and multiclass combos thereof. After that its whatever the party might need to balance it out. (yes I am willing to play the cleric if no one else wants to...

Any links to good material for learning are appreciated.

Thanks for reading
    Michael

Thread Information