FG Spreadshirt Swag

How to hold the result if its a success or fail from a dice roll?

Hi,

First sorry if my English is not good enough to be understandable.

Idk if this happens on other system, i usually play DnD 5e, and lots of abilities/spells have to be activated before knowing if the dice roll succeeded or failed. However, in FGC/FGU once you make a check it automatically gives if it was a success or not.
    Is there any way of given a halt between the dice roll and the result? Important point is: the dice roll result (number) should show up but the game should not give if it was a success or fail.

Sorry if there is a thread on this already, but i coundlt find it.

Tks

Welcome to the FG forums.

You can't pause an action. What you can do is turn off showing the roll result - see the "Chat: Show results to client" option here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...mpaign+Options

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but may give you a way of doing it. Of course, it will rely more on the GM reporting success/failure as the chat result won't show it.

You could also see if doing the attack in the dice tower might be an option. But this again put more work on the GM.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also why would you not want FG to do this? Are the calculations that it is doing not correct?
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Blog Entries
    Welcome.

I battled with this for awhile. We tried different things. Dice tower rolls or hidden results. We also tried setting house rules that if you rolled a x to Y value you would use the ability or not. In the end I allow the players to use these bonus rolls after they know the results of the roll. Sure, this does give them a bit more utility or power, but it's nothing that we have found over powers the characters and it just makes the mechanics of the game run much smoother. And for us, smoother mechanics is more fun.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information