STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Full Release Date?

Searched around and wasn't able to find anything clear, but is there a rough estimate on when it will shift from Early Release to Full Release?

We have not given an estimate. We want to launch this year; but we won't launch until we iron out some core issues.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    No.
    All we know is it will be released when it is ready. Until it is ready we won't know.
    Any estimate is unreliable and is speculative.
    We can say that the number of significant issues are coming much less frequently. That most everything they want ready is working.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We have not given an estimate. We want to launch this year; but we won't launch until we iron out some core issues.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thank you! Running a game soon and just curious if anything will change from us planning a date until that actual game day.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Regards,
    JPG

Personally time lines are irrelevant to me, stuff is working whenever it is. My real question about backing any early access proecjt is: what am i backing?

I find no road map or plans about the minimum viable feature set, for a project manger to be able to determine if the project has achieved a "feature complete" rc1.0 state or not.

Is there even a very simple offical statement from anyone like " the dev plan is to achieve as close to parity with FGC as Unity can, and then move on from there to ongoing expansion of features that FGC could not do that unity can."
    that would at least be something to go on for deciding to fund or not. But currently i'd not be all that interested in throwing my money at a development project wish list. By my POV funding a wish list as the road map, is that the Design Director of FGU is an RNG table to see what features we do or do not get.

So anything on that front for us that have no FGC xp of any kind, and have noticed the environmental conditions commonly associated with the "early access" moniker?
    looking to make an informed decision based on data, more than the good will of past users. As fans don't exactly garner a good rep for objective reviews and advice about things they are fans of.

Blog Entries
    Reasons for remaining in Early Access and the current status of those

1. Performance - this is acceptable in the current form. No longer a blocker
    2. Lobby disconnects - this seems to be recently fixed (within the last week and a half). We will continue to test that the solution we have is a good one.
    3. Duplication of tokens, shadow tokens - we just found and fixed this issue. We are waiting to make sure the fix is complete
    4. Network disconnects - this is still happening to some players and GMs. We are researching solutions and planning for fixes as we find them
    5. Token Locking not implemented - we have a prototype we are meeting about to discuss today and may roll it out soon for users to test and provide feedback
    6. Ruleset support - this is at an acceptable level. There may be some minor differences between FGU and FGC for some less used systems, but those are minimal
    7. Steam DLC library support between FGC and FGU - this was new, but it is working well, as designed

Of these, only #4 and #5 are really blockers. Both are progressing nicely.

Some other often requested features we are looking into, but are not blockers for moving out of Early Access:
    1. Lighting
    2. Sounds

Thanks for this update. It is always nice to see actual facts and updates from employees. I am waiting on the official GR so I can update!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thornious View Post
    Thanks for this update. It is always nice to see actual facts and updates from employees. I am waiting on the official GR so I can update!
    Accurately speaking you're getting the answers from the owners of the company, so that should IMO be worth something. YMMV and all that.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

No joke. How many companies do you think the owners directly read the forums and respond.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Reasons for remaining in Early Access and the current status of those

1. Performance - this is acceptable in the current form. No longer a blocker
    2. Lobby disconnects - this seems to be recently fixed (within the last week and a half). We will continue to test that the solution we have is a good one.
    3. Duplication of tokens, shadow tokens - we just found and fixed this issue. We are waiting to make sure the fix is complete
    4. Network disconnects - this is still happening to some players and GMs. We are researching solutions and planning for fixes as we find them
    5. Token Locking not implemented - we have a prototype we are meeting about to discuss today and may roll it out soon for users to test and provide feedback
    6. Ruleset support - this is at an acceptable level. There may be some minor differences between FGU and FGC for some less used systems, but those are minimal
    7. Steam DLC library support between FGC and FGU - this was new, but it is working well, as designed

Of these, only #4 and #5 are really blockers. Both are progressing nicely.

Some other often requested features we are looking into, but are not blockers for moving out of Early Access:
    1. Lighting
    2. Sounds
    This is such great news. I know the "often requested features" are not by any means guaranteed to happen, but I'd kill for dynamic lighting and integrated sounds.

Thank you for the way you always communicate with the community. Smiteworks is definitely one of the best at customer service.

Thread Information