DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 14 First 1234513 ... Last
    Don't laugh. I'm not an artist. Here's the basic idea, though.

Conan_Foes.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PhilAdams View Post
    Don't laugh. I'm not an artist. Here's the basic idea, though.

Conan_Foes.jpg
    Thanks for taking the time to do that. Actually, that's exactly what I was envisioning. I think it has some merit, but could be changed - e.g. there's redundancy and so the Attribute, Expertise and Focus fields could be removed and maybe replaced by simply selecting the Attribute and Expertise (including focus) from above with a single mouse click - which could then be highlighted in an appropriate way.

Anyway, I don't know if the ruleset devs will see any mileage in this. And, to be perfectly honest, I'd rather they spend their valuable development time to address other more glaring things in the ruleset before something like this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The update finally arrived and yet nothing from the "almost done" overhaul of the reference manual and layout updates on the Unity part. It is good that my game is postponed in favor of Savage Worlds Deadlands, so I don't have to decide whether I go to the MoreCore ruleset or not.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I understand, Trenloe. I've run a session now, and it's not crippling for this to be lower priority. Thanks!

I can not agree more with the both of you.

Its a brutal ruleset to currently use.. I am going to run maybe one more stream, but if I can not figure out a way for the game play to run smoother.. I will be switching my focus over to a different medium for Conan.

Its a sad fact.. but its a fact non the less..

I'm running my second session tonight. Any tips on what to look out for? The first session ran okay. The much greater challenge was that half the group had never played 2d20 before, and the other two were rustier than me (I haven't been able to run a session for several months).

I did notice a small annoyance today: Fortune Points reset automatically. I wasn't counting on that. In mid-battle, I intend to keep FP, Momentum, and Doom static, then reset at the end of the battle.

Personally,

I have started making my own player aids, in the form of modules. Make the information in the ruleset more accessible for the players during the game to read. IE Actions during a turn.. This way they can drag information they may want quickly to their hotbar or what ever.

Capture.PNG

I also started a thread about hacks for the combat tracker, somewhere below this one.. might be something useful there.
    Last edited by ShotGun Jolly; November 11th, 2020 at 23:05.

Ah. We use the GM screen pages for reference on spends and things like that. I'm hoping that suffices until folks start to get the system down.

In my campaigns for various rulesets I use notes that I make public for stuff like that. The players can open those whenever they want to read.

I am not sure where to ask, opening a separate thread is bad forum practice, so I hope this gets picked and answered:

When the following critical enhancements to the ruleset will be released:
    - Updated reference manual with fixed encoding issues for Unity and added Images and other formatting done right?
    - Fixed encoding issues in other libraries (items, talents)
    - Updated ruleset for bigger and more readable fonts everywhere! Please don't say use scaling, fix the fonts!
    - Combat Tracker support for Minions and etc.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information