FG Spreadshirt Swag

Any way to adjust Encumbrace Load Limit?

As the title says. Is there any effect or even manual editing of ruleset files that would allow me to change the Load Limit of a PC? I am aware of the Brawny edge, but what if I wanted to give them a Bag of Holding or magical gauntlets that let them carry say, 30lb more?

Ikael showed in the Savage World how to do this based on the user's Strength. Is this what you mean?

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

No, it already calculates based on the strength. I was wondering if you could further modify it in any way. But if I have to do it based on Strength alone, yes, I'd be interested in knowing how.

I don't believe there is a way to change it without extensive recoding in an extension. One thing others have done is have a Bag of Holding weight -x weight to hold the items inside it.

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

To do it with Strength, you can always use the Edge Brawny, which increases the strength die size by 1 when calculating load limit. That's hard wired in, so you'd need an extension to apply that same effect to other edges. But I had been digging through that and made this extension which might help you.

With this, you can increase or reduce the max load by adding an effect in the format [loadlimit +10] or [loadlimit -5] (or whatever value you want). This works for effects added in the combat tracker for temporary modifiers and added when creating a new Edge and dragging it to a character. For whatever reason, it does not work with an edge entered directly on the character sheet. I think that is because it doesn't run the "recalculate load" code when you do that. But, at worst, it's one extra step in creating the new edge/effect.

It can also be applied to an item (backpack?) that increases the load limit when equipped, but it also doesn't re-calculate when you add/remove equipment, so you need to add any effect in the combat tracker and then remove it, so it runs the update code. Once you do that it stays in effect.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Btw as a hack for Savage Rifts where the load limits aren't the same as standard SW for high Strength I gave myself an item with a negative weight to offset.

So if you have a bag of holding item you could do what Gunbunnyfufu suggested and make the bag of holding weight a negative value equal to what's in it...carry 30 lbs of coins? The player sets the weight of the Bag of Holding to -30.

It's not exactly what you want but has the same net effect as raising the load limit by 30 and takes less hacking the encumbrance system...which I never could figure out

Thread Information