DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New User with Questions about which version to get

I just learned about this site and I am very interested in purchasing the product. My question is should I purchase the classic FG or go for Unity know that if I purchase classic I will need to re-purchase for Unity. Appreciate any advice.

Ken

Download the demo version of each and play with them. Then go take a free class on them at https://fantasygroundscollege.net/ so you can see what all they do. Once you have done that then you will know which one you want.

At this point I would think Unity since it is the path forward but Classic does have more current support. Either you buy all of the content you buy will work with both.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Thank you for the advice. I will do that.

Blog Entries
    I too suggest the demos. Note that this is a little bit of difference in how the two demos work. The FGC demo will allow one other user to connect, FGU will not. But, you can still build campaigns, characters etc and see how they work.

FG College is also an excellent suggestion.

Here's what I see as the most important distinctions between the two;

FGC
    Very stable
    32bit architecture, meaning Mac O/S Catalina doesn't easily work.
    Windows native so other O/S's are done through emulators.
    May require port forwarding, depending upon your network

FGU
    In beta, expect the possibility of issues and frequent changes/updates
    64-bit architecture.
    Windows 8+ support, Mac O/S (latest 3 versions) and Linux native versions.
    Has cloud brokered network connections, so can be used in almost all network environments

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I started with FGC and still use it frequently....I also have FGU and still working through learning LOS, etc....but have had no issues with either platform.

Thread Information