12 32.43%
  • Has some info...

19 51.35%
  • Needs updated

2 5.41%
  • Updated and helpful

4 10.81%
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I'm with Bonkon. I'm not on the forums to look for groups to join, either as a player or a DM. I have my own group. I'm here to learn about how to use the tool. Also to see other people's questions as they may indicate some feature that I wasn't aware of. Thus while it's not information that I particularly want to hide how long I've been playing or DMing (multiple decades), or which systems (AD&D, 2ed, 5ed, Gamma World, Top Secret), but it's not immediately relevant to the posts I make.

I would agree that it would be useful information for those that are using the forums to look for a group to form/join.

That would be useful information for people wanting to join a group.

I would also say that before the game, DMs and players need to communicate clearly about personalities and expectations. Before Session Zero, I talk with my group about what kind of game we want to have, how we feel about certain kinds of games or players, etc., and their expectations. We go over potential house rules, and I'm completely up front about my weak points. I use Session Zero not only to help my players make characters, but also to assess how well they use FG and know how much help they'll need, and to kind of see their personalities, how they work with each other, and how open they'll be to things I might do in the game.

Also, as DM, I try to work with my players to give us the kind of game we'd like to see.

I think taking a bit of time to get to know each other before the game is extremely important. It doesn't always work, but it helps.

I prefer to roll my dice behind the screen and my profile reflects this choice.

I think this is a good idea, but sadly I also think this is still the Internet. I'd probably do it if I was starting a new group but my groups are well established.

I'm game. Updated mine.

The edits you made are really on point.
    Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    I'm game. Updated mine.

Thread Information