FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

"Game Server Connection Was Lost"

I had a prepping session open when suddenly I got these error messages:

"[WARNING] NETWORK: Noble Connect [7449620]: Shutting down because of fatal error: Lost connection to relay server"
    "Fatal network engine error occured. [Lost connection to relay server]"
    "[ERROR] Game server connection was lost. Please return to launcher, and start game again."

I was doing literally nothing in FGU at the time - I was just googling resources

I also get multiple "ERROR: Object (DRAGDATA) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object" every time I quit back to the launcher.

Luckily I wasn't in the middle of running a game session. What can I do to prevent these errors?

I'll attach a screenshot:
    FGU Error.png

Please click the Compile Logs button shown in your picture to provide the full logs. We need those to get more information on the network situation.

For the other errors,
    * The DRAGDATA errors are harmless; and will be fixed in the next build we release.
    * The URL NameResolutionFailure warning implies that something on your network was preventing access to the fantasygrounds servers (or perhaps you were not on a network at the time).

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Please click the Compile Logs button shown in your picture to provide the full logs. We need those to get more information on the network situation.

For the other errors,
    * The DRAGDATA errors are harmless; and will be fixed in the next build we release.
    * The URL NameResolutionFailure warning implies that something on your network was preventing access to the fantasygrounds servers (or perhaps you were not on a network at the time).

Thanks,
    JPG
    OK, I did the compile logs thing but I did exit the program after the crash, because I couldn't load up my campaign anymore, so I'm not 100% sure if this includes the data you're looking for:

fgu_logs_20200916.zip

Edit: If something in my home wifi is preventing the access to the FG server, do I have to do some kind of port forwarding? I already have port forwarding done for Classic. I don't know if Unity uses the same port.
    Last edited by Hyperventilator; September 16th, 2020 at 19:40.

Thanks for the files. The "previous" log did have the log information that you were showing. We're working on some fixes with the network library service we use to help with the relay disconnects; and hoping to have something in the next week or so.

On the URL request, I'm not sure why the DNS resolution would fail on your machine if you were connected to network. Perhaps there is some security software blocking on your machine or on your router? Do you use an Internet provider that offers an "Advanced Security" option (like Comcast)?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thanks for the files. The "previous" log did have the log information that you were showing. We're working on some fixes with the network library service we use to help with the relay disconnects; and hoping to have something in the next week or so.

On the URL request, I'm not sure why the DNS resolution would fail on your machine if you were connected to network. Perhaps there is some security software blocking on your machine or on your router? Do you use an Internet provider that offers an "Advanced Security" option (like Comcast)?

Regards,
    JPG
    I'm in Finland. I don't think our ISPs offer these "Advanced Security" options that I've read about on these forums - never heard of them before. My router has a "hardware firewall" which is set to the recommended medium setting (LAN to WAN allowed, WAN to LAN blocked), and then I just have the default Windows 10 firewall and Windows Defender anti-malware.

I think our GM has had the same problem. He would get kicked from FGU for no clear reason after an arbitrary amount of time (longest connection lasted approx. 40 minutes). The program would remain open for players, but in a kind of locked state where nothing was interactive. DM tried using a different connection and a VPN, as well as installing a patch that was meant to help, but nothing seemed to fix it. I’ll see if he can upload the logs, and I’ll do the same if it happens again.

Lose Connection to server every 2 minutes

This is happening to me. It happens about every 2 minutes.
    I tried all the Clear Settings and Clear Vault
    Clear Vault stopped all the messages about icons not being cleaned up but it still drops every minute or so.
    Just started happening two weeks ago. I thought it might be because I bought those solo adventure pack. It happened after playing the second adventure the second time.

This is Unplayable .
    Last edited by AnnShadow; February 6th, 2021 at 21:14. Reason: Change the word in playable to unplayable

Welcome to FG.

As noted above compile your log files and attach them here so that the devs can have a look. Make sure you have exceptions for FGU in your anti virus software.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

More than likely, this is some sort of security software on your machine, a setting on your Internet router, or some sort of "advanced security" provided by your Internet service provider. At least, it has been for 95% of the issues reported like this.

For the "advanced security" check, you can review this thread. Comcast/Xfinity and Cox are notorious for this "protection".
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

On your machine or router, look for anything that is performing any firewall operations, or "internet filtering" (like parental controls or ad blocking), or any quality of service (QoS) settings that would throttle speed.

Regards,
    JPG

I am also having this issue where I am kicked every few minutes. I can't seem to attach my logs. I get an [Warning] Frame Tabs contain Out-Of-Range values in Bottom-left Followed by by [Error] Game Server connection was lost.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information