5E Character Create Playlist

Bought FGU Ultimate on Steam. Suddenly lost my 5E ruleset in my FGC Classic Ultimate

Like I said, I Bought FGU Ultimate on Steam then updated it. Suddenly lost my 5E ruleset in my FGC Classic Ultimate. Can't load m previous campaigns and I can't create new 5E games. Help?

Installing FGU has no effect whatsoever on FGC since they install in different locations. Unless of course you chose to install in the same location - but I actually think they added code so that can't happen.

So without further information I don't know what has happened. It sounds like FGC has reverted to the demo version possibly but even then you would still see the 5e ruleset since that all comes with the download.

It's possible also that the shortcut for Unity has overwritten the shortcut for Classic. So try running Classic from the installation folder (ProgramFiles(x86)/Fantasy Grounds/fanntasygrounds.exe).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for your reply Zacchaeus. Appreciate it.

When I load my old campaigns, I get an error message. It reads:

Ruleset:
    Error: Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)

Do you want to try reloading the data?

When I click yes, the same error message pops back. When I cancel, I pop-up window appears with some more error messages and then I go back to the launcher window

When you say you "load your old campaigns" how are you doing that? I do not think you can copy the Campaign folder over to unity and just open it. I could be wrong and I have not tested that.

If you mean you open Classic and try to open the existing campaign. I would run an update and see if you can open it then. Also if you have not made a backup lately of your campaign folder now would be a good time.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Run an update in FG Classic.

If that doesn't fix it, post a screenshot of your FG Classic <FG app data>\rulesets directory - get to <FG app data> by clicking the folder icon on the top right of the main FG startup screen.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information